Calling all Soprano Player

Ok, so if you live 4 hours east of Kingston, Ontario or 3 hours West, we need you. The Kingston Grenadiers Drum and Bugle Corps is looking for 1 lone soprano player. Drum Corps experience would be nice, however, not mandatory. We have another full camp coming up on the 30th, 31st of May. COME ON OUT, pick up a horn, and have some fun. If you live in Northern NY, and have not yet, decided where to march, c'mon up to Canada, be a canuck for a year.

Doug Smith

Ok, so if you live 4 hours east of Kingston, Ontario or 3 hours West, we need you. The Kingston Grenadiers Drum and Bugle Corps is looking for 1 lone soprano player. Drum Corps experience would be nice, however, not mandatory. We have another full camp coming up on the 30th, 31st of May. COME ON OUT, pick up a horn, and have some fun. If you live in Northern NY, and have not yet, decided where to march, c'mon up to Canada, be a canuck for a year.

Doug Smith

why arn't you guys comming to the Jamestown show?

why arn't you guys comming to the Jamestown show?

Been meaning to ask this as sooner or later it WILL come up. Are Passports an issue? Not really sure of the boarder agreement between the U.S. and our friends to the north. Anybody....? I know some of the rules change June 1st.

Edited by melligene

Been meaning to ask this as sooner or later it WILL come up. Are Passports an issue? Not really sure of the boarder agreement between the U.S. and our friends to the north. Anybody....? I know some of the rules change June 1st.

I am not an official spokesman for the Grennies...but as my son is a marching member........I do not think passports are an issue...everyone in the corps had to obtain a Canadian passport in order to march this year.... It has been taken care of on this end I believe....I am saddened that it has come to this but hey you do what you have to do to play the drum corps thing :tongue:

For New Yorker's - there is a special NY Driver's License that will suffice... but hey... passports are great to have and they're good for 10 years...

For New Yorker's - there is a special NY Driver's License that will suffice... but hey... passports are great to have and they're good for 10 years...

good for five years here in Canada Tom, it is a government money grab thing for sure here.....oh well pay me now or pay me later!! LOL :tongue:

So are their any taker's. The beverages are always cold, oh and Canadian.

Doug Smith

You know you will be treated well.....and you can be further than 4 to 6 hours away.......How about it "Mike_B" just kidden....but you would have a blast!!!! seriously speaking and I am a little prejudice.......but....Kingston Grenadiers have one of the finest programs and so... so ....special people......Truly if you are close by and want to march DCA this year listen to Doug... from the corps director (DLD) to the Chef (BRD) and the enthusiastic Educators et al...you could not ask for a better summer......consider it....many have come before and moved on..but never regretted their time ....well spent with the Grenadiers! :tongue:

Also the percussion section is looking to fill two spots in the pit (1 Vibe, 1 Percussion/Keyboard/).

The design staff have created something very special that will make this 50th season of the Grenadiers something very special and this is a very determined, hard working bunch, I must say. We have people travelling from Ottawa, Quebec, Kitchener, Brantford, Hamilton, Toronto and Upstate New York so carpooling is never a problem ;)

Interested percussionists please contact me directly,

Rob Summers

Percussion Caption Head

Kingston Grenadiers

ksumme1636@rogers.com

Also the percussion section is looking to fill two spots in the pit (1 Vibe, 1 Percussion/Keyboard/).

The design staff have created something very special that will make this 50th season of the Grenadiers something very special and this is a very determined, hard working bunch, I must say. We have people travelling from Ottawa, Quebec, Kitchener, Brantford, Hamilton, Toronto and Upstate New York so carpooling is never a problem ;)

Interested percussionists please contact me directly,

Rob Summers

Percussion Caption Head

Kingston Grenadiers

ksumme1636@rogers.com

Yes Indeed..actually I think we played that!!!