DCP-I XII Caption Changes

Unlimited caption changes will end on June 26st this year. This is 1 week before Regionals. I am doing this because with the way the system works, if you were to make a change on June 25th, then the caption restrictions go into effect, the system would not let you make another change until 7 days after the 25th... even though you made a change before the restrictions were in place. Clear as mud?

Doing it this way will insure that everyone can make at least 1 more caption change before regionals.

Unlimited caption changes will end on June 26st this year. This is 1 week before Regionals. I am doing this because with the way the system works, if you were to make a change on June 25th, then the caption restrictions go into effect, the system would not let you make another change until 7 days after the 25th... even though you made a change before the restrictions were in place. Clear as mud?

Doing it this way will insure that everyone can make at least 1 more caption change before regionals.

Just so I understand correctly... I basically know that we can change around our captions whenever we want, just as long as the total is at or under that limit (for World Class it's 135). So now, starting June 26, we wont be allowed to change the captions. Is that basically correct?? :tongue:

Just so I understand correctly... I basically know that we can change around our captions whenever we want, just as long as the total is at or under that limit (for World Class it's 135). So now, starting June 26, we wont be allowed to change the captions. Is that basically correct?? :tongue:

From then(the 26th) on out, you only get 3 caption changes per 7 days

From then(the 26th) on out, you only get 3 caption changes per 7 days

Correct, you get 3 caption changes per 7 days. So, if you make a change on July 1st at 1:30 pm, you will not be able to make another change until July 8th at 1:31 pm.

Also please note. If you only change 1 caption, the other 2 changes are gone. You can only submit new captions 1 time per 7 days, with a max of 3 changed captions.

To clarify that even more, you'll be allowed one change per week with a max of THREE captions per change. So you can't make one change on Tue. then decide to make another on Thur. and yet another on Fri.

Hope that makes sense.

Yea, that makes sense, but one thing I'm still kinda unclear on is what was/is the limit NOW on captions changes?

Completly unlimited, as in all of the captions can be changed every minute? And will this June 26th rule permanetly stay in effect, or be reset at the start of the next season?

I'm just trying to get ready for future seasons, that's why I ask.

Completly unlimited, as in all of the captions can be changed every minute?

Yes.

And will this June 26th rule permanetly stay in effect, or be reset at the start of the next season?

Every season STARTS with unlimited caption changes, then the restriction goes in place about a week in. The restriction is a standard that happens every season.

Yes.

Every season STARTS with unlimited caption changes, then the restriction goes in place about a week in. The restriction is a standard that happens every season.

Ok. Thanks! :tongue: