Dublin Diner

I was at the show tonight - all I can say is it was FABULOUS for so early in the season. Don't get me wrong - there was plenty of dirt spread out there. But you could envision what their shows were going to look like in August. If the rains hold off during rehearsal days, look out! It's going to be a great summer.

I'm a fan of every drum corps, but I have to tell you - watching Holy Name was kind of like rediscovering an old friend. I (like a lot of others I think) WANT to look forward to what the Cadets offer, but know there would be controversy with whatever the product was. Their show this year reminds me of why I love watching them perform. Thanks, Cadets - you brought back some great times and made a few tears happen. I'm a FAN again!

IMHO Bandguy's reaction to the Cadets' show will be similiarly felt by a majority of people who see them live this year.

As for performance placements, I'm told that Dan Atcheson just stepped in and arbitrarily told Cadets and Crown that they'll alternate their performance slots at the shows where the two of them are the only upper tier corps competing. I believe that they're together for a surprising 60-70% of their performances this year.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to all corps. Glad to see nice improvement in a lot of corps. Crown and Cadets are so cloosee, and I'm enjoying the closeness between Glassmen and Crusaders. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Anyone have pictures from the show?