Quarter Finals at the Theaters?

I work for National CineMedia, the company that does Fathom Events, and we just go the press release for Big Loud & Live. Just to confirm, it is in fact 15 corps in their entirety, with highlights of the other seven.

In related news, I've got to do some art direction on the graphics for this event, as well as the last Countdown. Highlight of my job! :)

Here's the full release:

DRUM CORPS INTERNATIONAL’S “BIG, LOUD & LIVE 6”

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP QUARTERFINALS

MARCHES BACK INTO MOVIE THEATERS FOR

AN ELECTRIFYING SIXTH YEAR

Annual NCM Fathom Event Broadcast LIVE for the First Time from

DCI’s New Home at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis

Centennial, Colo., July 8, 2009 – Drum Corps International’s (DCI) World Championship Quarterfinals will once again bring the snap of the snare and boom of the bass drum into movie theaters in its exclusive, annual event Big, Loud & Live 6. This highly anticipated competition will be broadcast LIVE from Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis to nearly 400 select movie theaters on Thursday, August 6th at 6:30 p.m. Eastern / 5:30 p.m. Central / 4:30 p.m. Mountain /3:30 p.m. Pacific

Tickets for Big, Loud & Live 6 are available online at www.FathomEvents.com as well as presenting box offices (theaters are subject to change).

Presented by NCM Fathom and Drum Corps International, Big, Loud & Live 6 will feature five hours of powerful performances from the top 22 corps competing in the 2009 DCI World Championship Quarterfinals. The broadcast will include the competitive programs of the top 15 World Class drum corps in their entirety in addition to highlight clips of the first seven corps that perform earlier in the day. Drum corps competing in this year’s Quarterfinals event include:

 The Academy – Tempe, AZ

 Blue Devils – Concord, CA

 Blue Knights – Denver, CO

 Bluecoats – Canton, OH

 Blue Stars – La Crosse, WI

 Boston Crusaders – Boston, MA

 Carolina Crown – Ft. Mill, SC

 Cascades – Seattle, WA

 The Cavaliers – Rosemont, IL

 Colts – Dubuque, IA

 Crossmen – San Antonio, TX

 Glassmen – Toledo, OH

 Holy Name Cadets – Allentown, PA

 Jersey Surf – Camden County, NJ

 Madison Scouts – Madison, WI

 Mandarins – Sacramento, CA

 Pacific Crest – Diamond Bar, CA

 Phantom Regiment – Rockford, IL

 Pioneer – Milwaukee, WI

 Santa Clara Vanguard – Santa Clara, CA

 Spirit – Jacksonville, AL

 Troopers – Casper, WA

DCI has hosted more than 35 World Championships in 17 North American cities since its founding in 1972. This year’s World Championship Quarterfinals will be held for the first time at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis – the new home of Drum Corps International’s corporate headquarters.

“Following the excitement of the DCI World Championships from the theater is the next best thing to being part of the action from inside Lucas Oil Stadium,” said DCI Executive Director Dan Acheson. “We are excited that the popularity of the Big, Loud & Live event has continued to grow, now in its sixth year showcasing the thrilling performances of the world’s most talented elite marching music ensembles.”

Big, Loud & Live 6 will be shown in select movie theaters including AMC Entertainment Inc., Celebration! Cinema, Cinemark Holdings, Inc., Cobb Theatres, Georgia Theatre Co., Goodrich Quality Theatres, Hollywood Theaters, Kerasotes Showplace Theatres, Malco Theatres, Marcus Theatres, National Amusements and Regal Entertainment Group movie theaters as well as the Palace Cinema 9 (South Burlington, VT) and Penn Cinema (Lititz, PA) through NCM’s exclusive Digital Broadcast Network – North America’s largest cinema broadcast network.

“The audience for Big, Loud & Live increases each year as communities recognize this event is not just for drum corps enthusiasts, but also for families and those who enjoy musical performances and competition,” said Dan Diamond, vice president of Fathom. “This event gives fans nationwide a front-row seat for the LIVE competition without the expense of traveling to the actual event. It is an experience not to be missed.”

About National CineMedia

National CineMedia (NCM) LLC operates the largest digital in-theater network in North America through long-term agreements with its founding members, AMC Entertainment Inc., Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK) and Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), the three largest theater operators in the U.S., and through multi-year agreements with several other theater operators. NCM LLC produces and distributes its FirstLook pre feature program; cinema, lobby, and online advertising products; comprehensive meeting and event services and other entertainment programming content. NCM LLC's national network includes approximately 16,800 screens of which approximately 15,600 are part of the company's Digital Content Network (DCN). NCM LLC's network covers 171 Designated Market Areas® (49 of the top 50). During 2008, approximately 660 million patrons attended movies shown in theaters currently included in the network (excluding Consolidated Theatres). National CineMedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: NCMI) owns a 41.5% interest in and is the managing member of NCM LLC. For additional information, visit www.ncm.com.

About Drum Corps International (DCI)

Drum Corps International (DCI) is the world leader in producing events for the world’s most elite and exclusive marching ensembles for student musicians and performers. Founded in 1972, Drum Corps International has developed into a powerful, nonprofit, global youth organization with far-reaching artistic, educational and organizational influence. Drum Corps International is Marching Music’s Major League™. Learn more about the exciting world of Drum Corps International and its member corps on the Web at www.DCI.org or call (317)-275-1212. Drum Corps International is located in Indianapolis, Ind.

# # #

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Keith, do you know why they don't have the Fathom event in Boulder again this year?

Hey Keith, do you know why they don't have the Fathom event in Boulder again this year?

That I don't know... I'm a graphic designer and don't have any involvement with the theater selection. Sorry, man.

I will probably just watch Semis the next night on the Fan Network and pay a SANE price for some Orvil Reddenbacher (sp?) popcorn and a Coke.

:tongue:

That I don't know... I'm a graphic designer and don't have any involvement with the theater selection. Sorry, man.

Fair enough. Thought I'd ask, since I enjoyed the theater they held it in last year in Boulder. That theater even served Nathans Hot Dogs! :tongue: