Why bash Crown?

Seriously, if Carolina Crown fans want their corps to be consistently on the same level as The Cadets, Cavaliers, and Blue Devils you better get used to criticism really really quick.

The cost of being the best drum corps in the world is that people will be a lot more vocal about their criticisms.

Nobody gets too critical of the 8th best drum corps in the world because they are "just" the 8th best drum corps in the world.

Isn't it that the higher you go, the more you are analyzed? It seems more critical, but that comes with the territory when you're teetering with the possibility of winning a championship. Those who "kinda" watched Crown before are analyzing every second of the show to see "what the big deal is". Then out come the criticisms that in most cases are deserved AND, in the case of non-honks for Crown .... they are being posted out of sheer terror that this corps is that good :)

Once again, when you're at or near the top ... CRITICISM IS ALWAYS A COMPLIMENT. Embrace, enjoy and get used to it. I'd just like to remind everyone to be critical of their own wording and back up your opinions with something tangible before they click "ADD REPLY".

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why NOT bash crown. :D

Crown good, just overrated.

Simply put: Crown is getting bashed because they are kicking everyone else's butt.

Oldest story in the drum corps book....

GO CROWN!!

You should bash crown because there score is overly high for this time of year. Its almost as if DCI is forcing it to happen maybe to raise ticket sales or to keep people interested. There show is ok but due to the scores they have now they have nowhere to go except to peak soon. Thats what happens when your completely produce your show during pretour. This is the time when everyone else starts to put the good stuff on the field so well see what happen at San Antonio when everyone meets up. I think you will see crown slip a few slots.

Just wait Cavaliers will come out on top.

i dont hate crown i just hate their show this year.

for every person that doesn't like crown, there are 20 ready to kiss their #####.

as a Crown fan, I am allowed to say this :worthy:

That's what the judges are doing