Why bash Crown?

:smile:

I stand corrected and should have clarified "the three USUAL corps of the last 20 years or so..."

Apologies to the awesome 1991 Star of Indiana, 1996 & 2008 Phantom Regiment and the 1989 & 1999 Santa Clara Vanguard.

However, listing the only other winners over the last 20 years OTHER than BD, Cavaliers and Cadets kind of very effectively illustrates my point, don't ya think? :worthy:

GO Carolina Crown!! :worthy:

Edited by GGarrett

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's high quality High School marching band Show.

What specifically makes it a high school marching band show as opposed to a drum corps show? Is it the music? The design? The drill? The colorguard? The body movement? What makes this show a band show and, say, the Cadets show a drum corps show? I'd argue that this show is the most "drum corps" show this year simply based on the musical performance and the sound they put out. Tell me ANY marching band that sounds like and plays what these guys do.

apparently only a handful of people are actually excited that our activity may actually see a DIFFERENT DCI winner, instead of the three that have won the last 20 YEARS or so? :worthy:

Well, I'm a Spirit parent, and I love Crown. Love the show (the Promise of a New Day got me through some very tough times in my life) and I love the Somewhere business. Lots of Star/Bloomington ties. Love their sound. Love the drill. Rock on Crown.

:cool:

I stand corrected and should have clarified "the three USUAL corps of the last 20 years or so..."

Apologies to the awesome 1991 Star of Indiana, 1996 & 2008 Phantom Regiment and the 1989 & 1999 Santa Clara Vanguard.

However, listing the only other winners over the last 20 years OTHER than BD, Cavaliers and Cadets kind of very effectively illustrates my point, don't ya think? :smile:

GO Carolina Crown!! :cool:

:worthy: its all good, i forgot to mention star too lol, but thanks for correcting haha :smile::worthy:

Well, I'm a Spirit parent, and I love Crown. Love the show (the Promise of a New Day got me through some very tough times in my life) and I love the Somewhere business. Lots of Star/Bloomington ties. Love their sound. Love the drill. Rock on Crown.

AMEN....and I marched Spirit back in the early 80's. I love Crown's show this year!

Oh this is entertaining! All I need is some popcorn and a favorite tasty beverage.... :worthy:

...Ya know, sometimes I think this website is run by Dial, since it seems there are so many soapboxes around here! :worthy:

Oh this is entertaining! All I need is some popcorn and a favorite tasty beverage.... :worthy:

...Ya know, sometimes I think this website is run by Dial, since it seems there are so many soapboxes around here! :worthy:

how about some hot dogs cooked over a fire

OH PLEASE... you ain't seen NOTHING yet! Wait until we get closer to the major DCI shows. Then the BIG soapboxes come out.

That's why there is a "soapbox" emoticon in the smilies we have here...

enjoy!!

I like a lot of high schools more than crown.

It's like the difference between Rock and Metal.

Attitude.

Rock on Crown.

Thanks dapperpoet - I will pass it on. I'm looking forward to seeing Spirit's show live in Atlanta BTW!