How Early?

Being at the show site really early is generally not too exciting.

This is because the actual corps will show up early before their step off time, rather than before the entire show starts.

The thing to do is to find out rehearsal information of your favorite corps. Find out where they are staying and watch their run through. Then, you can get their schedule. Generally, most corps will show up an hour or two ( depending on the show) before they step off.

The show before the show is in the parking lot! There is nothing like listening to a good hornline warm up! ( or drum line if that is your thing).

Edited by g0at

Not a play by play, because I'm going to be spending some time with my dad and my Grandma at the show! I'll be home asap to write up a solid review!

Thanks! Looking forward to it. In the mean time, you take good care of Grandma and get her a souvie!

I would say that watching a corps warm up is a show in itself. For me for example, I split up the activity of watching a corps show and warm up into 2 shows. If your lucky 3 shows.. 1 to 2 shows in the lot, the other show to be in the stands to watch all corps perform.

BD normally does it's warm-up about 2 hours before gate time, which for them should be around 2 hours after start time.

I meant to go watch them practice for a few hours (experience the heat they have to deal with daily), when they end, go have a good dinner at a restaurant, come back watch the show.