Mufreesboro

Good luck to all the corps tonight, especially Boston and Gmen! Let the games begin. :satisfied:

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to all the corps tonight, especially Boston and Gmen! Let the games begin. :satisfied:

good luck to all tonight. Go Boston

"Black death" with lightning to the west of my hotel. Looks like it's moving to the NE and will be gone soon.

Very cool. Hope you enjoy the show tonight and the "score gods" are wise and fair!

It is. Corps order of performance is usually based on last years finals scores.

Sort of. They've experimented the last few years with how large the seeding groups are (I know it's been at least 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, etc. and 1-6, 7-12, etc.), but usually it follows a format like this:

Any corps that finished in the top 6 are randomly drawn for the final performing slots. This could conceivably lead to last year's 6th place finisher going on after last year's winner.

Any corps finishing 7-12 are randomly drawn for performance slots prior to the above group.

etc....

To add another wrinkle, corps can choose to go on last at their home shows...but I think this is limited to one show a year. So, for instance, if Crown hosts two shows, they can choose to go on last at one or the other, but not both.

That's how it was back when I was teaching in the early 2000's. Might be different now.

There's been some talk about sickness days vs. rehearsal days. Speaking from experience with Boston '01, the rehearsal days when the corps was sick weren't particularly productive. We were lucky enough just to maintain for those few days. That said, we had around 75% of the corps and staff sick over the course of 3-4 days (we backed out of the first two or three shows, as well), so our drill may have been more "Swiss cheesed" than some of these corps. Or maybe not.

Yes, I just turned "Swiss cheese" into a verb.

There's been some talk about sickness days vs. rehearsal days. Speaking from experience with Boston '01, the rehearsal days when the corps was sick weren't particularly productive. We were lucky enough just to maintain for those few days. That said, we had around 75% of the corps and staff sick over the course of 3-4 days (we backed out of the first two or three shows, as well), so our drill may have been more "Swiss cheesed" than some of these corps. Or maybe not.

Yes, I just turned "Swiss cheese" into a verb.

Actually, an adjective. :satisfied: