Thank you to all corps!

I wanted to start this thread, as having witnessed every world class show live this year. Many will argue that some of your shows aren't entertaining, they aren't traditional, they aren't innovative enough, blah, blah, blah. I have only been able to see a handful of open class corps, but look forward to seeing more as the videos are released.

My family and I have enjoyed every show this year. Each corps has given us it's best, has entertained, and has knocked us out with an incredible amount of energy and avant garde. Every show unique, every show enjoyable. We are so looking forward to this week!!!

Thank you members for your hard work and sacrifice to bring us first rate entertainment.

Thank you staff for providing each corps unique vehicles in which to perform and improve each day.

Thank you support staff for your sacrifices you have made, so the kids can perform, travel, eat and rest safely. We know how little rest you are getting.

Thank you DCI for pushing through tough times, and keeping our beloved activity going.

God bless all of you as you push forward for the rest of the 2009 season.

I wanted to start this thread, as having witnessed every world class show live this year. Many will argue that some of your shows aren't entertaining, they aren't traditional, they aren't innovative enough, blah, blah, blah. I have only been able to see a handful of open class corps, but look forward to seeing more as the videos are released.

My family and I have enjoyed every show this year. Each corps has given us it's best, has entertained, and has knocked us out with an incredible amount of energy and avant garde. Every show unique, every show enjoyable. We are so looking forward to this week!!!

Thank you members for your hard work and sacrifice to bring us first rate entertainment.

Thank you staff for providing each corps unique vehicles in which to perform and improve each day.

Thank you support staff for your sacrifices you have made, so the kids can perform, travel, eat and rest safely. We know how little rest you are getting.

Thank you DCI for pushing through tough times, and keeping our beloved activity going.

Yes I agree.

I totally agree "Tone Quality Matters". Finally, someone who acknowledges the efforts all of these corps whether World or Open Class put into these shows. It doesn't matter if they are the champions..... each and every corps works as hard as possible to put on the best show they can. I have seen several shows this year and though some I like better than others, I give each and every member out there 100% respect for their efforts. Having a son march for the first time this summer and seeing him in San Antonio 30 lbs lighter confirmed to me how hard they are working. These kids don't only practice 12-14 hours a day, they lack sleep, fight the heat, break downs, fire ants, battle the flu, eat food they don't necessarily like, get sunburn and even when they tan up, get sunburn all over again and the list could go on. The dedication these kids put forth is absolutely amazing and our world is a better place because of drum corps! So many people continue to ask if my son has had "fun" this summer. I"m not sure that is word for it....... I asked my son what he would tell people and he simply said...."words cannot describe". At 16 years old, he has seen the country, met friends from all over the world and has learned so much about himself it is amazing. He is proud of his accomplishments and quite honestly, I think surprised that he has survived. Thanks to everyone who has made the 2009 season simply amazing.........

I agree. I don't think there was a show this year I wouldn't watch again. They were all entertaining and well put together. Cheers to all the Corps !!

but...

GO ACADEMY :thumbup:

Few things in this world are more inspiring than watching a corps. Whether you're watching a rehearsal, warm-ups or a show on the field, you just can't help being deeply moved by these dedicated individuals.

Thank you for starting this thread and encouraging us all to take a step back from the usual banter that consumes these discussions. We should take every opportunity to thank the members and staffs for what they do.