Toledo "One More Once"

Great start for pio. Surprised me with the sound they put on their first attack. First trumpet solo was off on a couple notes but the second trumpet solo nailed it. Good solo by the DM in the ballad. Drumline threw it down on their feature. Contras put out a good sound for only having 6. Drumline is the strongest part of the corps. Biggest issues were spacing. Best pio show I have ever saw.

Alright!!

Go Get 'Em Pioneer!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacific crest powerful first attack. Uniforms stand out in the stands. Visually and musically better then pio. When they face back field the uniform reminds me of the glassmens old uniforms. Beautiful ballad with trumpet and mello solos and a trumpet baritone duet building up to a strong hit. Don't know the name but its the song from glassmen 01 and cavies this year loved it. Nice. Latin piece to the end. Thought they were getting tired but they saved up for the last note.

Nice first attack. High brass is stronger then the low brass which I like. Do not like the long piece of rope but enjoyed Joy. Seems like they loss some power from beginning to end. Good show all around.

Well its not like old

Madison. Hornline was on fire the whole night. The drill is dirty whish is holding them back. Musically this was amazing. Don't really get the show any. It will be close between them and academy.

Int gets to perform 3 shows in a row.

From DCI:

With a handful of Santa Clara Vanguard members sidelined due to an upper respiratory illness, the corps will forgo its competitive show tonight at the DCI Tour event in Toledo, Ohio, but will still give an exhibition performance.

“Right on the doorstep of the World Championships, we’re erring on the side of caution,” said Vanguard CEO Jeff Fiedler. “We had 11 members sick today and we took them all to the hospital for a diagnosis. Everyone has already been released.”

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=5...22-2a6b6877b96b

That's too bad, Wife took the 3 hr drive from Dayton to see the show tonight. We are G-men parents, but she wanted to see Vanguard.

I just spoke to her on the phone and she was unaware of this. Apparently they have not mentioned this at the stadium. (or she did not hear it)

I too drove a couple hours and bought a ticket right at show time just to see Vanguard. They haven't announced anything in the stadium... We're at intermission now and they just said we'll start back up at 9:18 with SCV.

Check that, they are pushing their pit out onto the field right now. The news article said something about an exhibition performance. We'll see how this works in about 15 minutes.

Edited by Machine

At their practice earlier they didn't have any problems with sound or drill. Hopefully it gets scored.