Holy Name Cadets -- Mt. Pleasant Ensemble

Ensemble rehearsal ended about 45 minutes ago and the level of knit picking is really mostly tehnical stuff. There have been some changes here and there, nothing major, mostly stuff to boost GE. So for all you out there who thought the Cadets had something left up their sleeve (like inserting a Z-pull) I'm afraid it was just that; rumors. The color guard looked exceptionally on today and the staff just had a fun day with the kids getting them to perform at an even higher level. I really would love to see the Cadet guard take top honors this year; they really have earned it. There are many kids fighting through small injuries but most of them are attended to by the trainer Jarred and Rick first thing in the morning. Most are having their ankles wrapped for the added support, others are being careful not to reaggrevate knees. Groin injuries are quite common marching Cadet drills and this year the kids have managed to stay strong and take the warming up part of stretch & run serious in preventing injuries. Even George got into the ensemble rehearsal this evening running around the field giving help where he could in fixing little things. The kids looked really crisp on their final run through as the crowd that gathered applauded the Cadets efforts.

Tonight is corps day at the souvie truck with the kids buying merchandise at a very nice discount. Even I couldn't turn down a good deal. I probably have every tee-shirt that is being sold out of the truck. But the kids do enjoy it and are very picky about their selections. You know I don't say enough about the people who work the souvie truck. They really do operate off a different schedule than the corps. All year because the souvie truck has to be at the field site at a certain time they really don't get much down time when we pull into our housing sites. They have to get up early and get the souvie truck ready to leave. Being at the show site all day until the contest starts they sell, sell, sell all Cadet merchandise. Once the contest is over they have to pack the souvie truck up and get to the corps before we depart for our next destination. So to the folks working the souvie truck, Mike, Niki, Ben, Joe, and Jesse; thank you!

I love it when we are at a housing site for a couple of day. The food crew just goes all out preparing meals for the kids, staff and volunteers. Let me just say PB&J are always a popular sandwich to make but today's meals were all very good. The dinner especially got much kudos from the kids and everyone else. The band director here at Mount Pleasant has been extremely helpful to the corps and I know the band members and booster plan to prepare a meal for us tomorrow. I can't wait. Personally it has been a very lazy day for me. After last night's drive I was down and out for most of the day until I woke up. Sleep is on the agenda for most of the drivers for we have one more big drive tomorrow night to our last housing site in Indiana.

George has done a great job with the kids channeling that energy and emotion from the Saturday alumni event. I'm still talking about; that's how powerful it was for me. The next few days should be really fun and exciting to watch the kids take it up another notch as we get closer to Quarter finals on Thursday. I'll check in tomorrow and let you know what's going on. One last note to all the parents; your kids are doing fine and all of them are in good spirits.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Ensemble rehearsal ended about 45 minutes ago and the level of knit picking is really mostly tehnical stuff. There have been some changes here and there, nothing major, mostly stuff to boost GE. So for all you out there who thought the Cadets had something left up their sleeve (like inserting a Z-pull) I'm afraid it was just that; rumors. The color guard looked exceptionally on today and the staff just had a fun day with the kids getting them to perform at an even higher level. I really would love to see the Cadet guard take top honors this year; they really have earned it. There are many kids fighting through small injuries but most of them are attended to by the trainer Jarred and Rick first thing in the morning. Most are having their ankles wrapped for the added support, others are being careful not to reaggrevate knees. Groin injuries are quite common marching Cadet drills and this year the kids have managed to stay strong and take the warming up part of stretch & run serious in preventing injuries. Even George got into the ensemble rehearsal this evening running around the field giving help where he could in fixing little things. The kids looked really crisp on their final run through as the crowd that gathered applauded the Cadets efforts.

Tonight is corps day at the souvie truck with the kids buying merchandise at a very nice discount. Even I couldn't turn down a good deal. I probably have every tee-shirt that is being sold out of the truck. But the kids do enjoy it and are very picky about their selections. You know I don't say enough about the people who work the souvie truck. They really do operate off a different schedule than the corps. All year because the souvie truck has to be at the field site at a certain time they really don't get much down time when we pull into our housing sites. They have to get up early and get the souvie truck ready to leave. Being at the show site all day until the contest starts they sell, sell, sell all Cadet merchandise. Once the contest is over they have to pack the souvie truck up and get to the corps before we depart for our next destination. So to the folks working the souvie truck, Mike, Niki, Ben, Joe, and Jesse; thank you!

I love it when we are at a housing site for a couple of day. The food crew just goes all out preparing meals for the kids, staff and volunteers. Let me just say PB&J are always a popular sandwich to make but today's meals were all very good. The dinner especially got much kudos from the kids and everyone else. The band director here at Mount Pleasant has been extremely helpful to the corps and I know the band members and booster plan to prepare a meal for us tomorrow. I can't wait. Personally it has been a very lazy day for me. After last night's drive I was down and out for most of the day until I woke up. Sleep is on the agenda for most of the drivers for we have one more big drive tomorrow night to our last housing site in Indiana.

George has done a great job with the kids channeling that energy and emotion from the Saturday alumni event. I'm still talking about; that's how powerful it was for me. The next few days should be really fun and exciting to watch the kids take it up another notch as we get closer to Quarter finals on Thursday. I'll check in tomorrow and let you know what's going on. One last note to all the parents; your kids are doing fine and all of them are in good spirits.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

As always, thanks for the update. Also, thanks for your time with the corps. I know the "kids" really appreciate it! :thumbdown:

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Ditto on the THANK-YOU!! :thumbdown:

I can't wait to meet you! We are headed to the airport in the morning and off to Indianapolis. See you at Pendleton HS! Safe journey to you and HNC.