Quarter final play by play?

My experience at the quarterfinals cinecast has been very good. Most people are quiet during the shows, enter/exit between shows and applaud/cheer when appropriate. Of course, sometimes there are those kids (or adults) whose parents forgot to teach them how to behave in public.

Wow even the enter/exit between shows goes on in the theater too?! This is great to know. Thanks! I might just go watch now!!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure they only broadcast the top 15 last year, too. They did clips of the bottom, I thought, but I could be mistaken.

It was the top 17 last year but it started IIRC 30 minutes earlier and they had enough time to show most of the other three shows (Pio, Troop, and Mandarins). This year reduced time and 7 corps they are not showing. I assume they will show clips of the 7 corps but they won't be long. This year, to me, the bottom 11 corps are much more entertaining than the top 11.

Wow even the enter/exit between shows goes on in the theater too?! This is great to know. Thanks! I might just go watch now!!

That's the way it was where I used to live. I don't know about other places.

Awesome job kids!!! :rolleyes::devil::devil:

Congrats there Proud Guard Mom!!

Edit: .. is that Mission Hills HS in southern CA?

Edited by Guard-Dad

Congrats there Proud Guard Mom!!

Edit: .. is that Mission Hills HS in southern CA?

Thanks!! Yes. It's in San Marcos, Ca.

Thanks!! Yes. It's in San Marcos, Ca.

Very cool .. Have been there quite a few times for winter guard shows, love how your gym is set up! My son is with Rancho Bernardo HS!

Edited by Guard-Dad

So, I'm looking at the scores spreadsheets I have from 08 and 09. Why do Open Class scores jump so much from the last show before finals week to quarterfinals? It's consistently about 3 points. Do they really improve that much in two or three days? I would think the opportunities for improvement like that occur earlier in the year when there is more room, not at the end when there's not as much to clean.

Ideas?

Oh, and GO VK!

Garry in Vegas

VK Alumni Forum Administrator