Behind the Star #21

Not so much. Lead bari frack in the opening melody? Come on, Vanguard. It's bad enough that you blow it at an encore, but did you really have to put it online for the whole world to see?

Clowns is the one song that isn't allowed to have mistakes.

I agree! Though they could have used a better recording in which there weren't so many errors. I usually don't notice that type of stuff but I did this time for some reason.

But yes... I finally heard that live for the first time and boy, it was outstanding!

Edited by NeutralNovice

Not so much. Lead bari frack in the opening melody? Come on, Vanguard. It's bad enough that you blow it at an encore, but did you really have to put it online for the whole world to see?

Wouldn't YOU feel like a complete jerk if you found out that was one of the 16 (that's the number that sticks out in my head, though I may be wrong) ill people in SCV right now?

Even professional musicians frack here and there. Leave the young, developing, and possibly sick kids alone, imo.

Bad form. :thumbup:

I understand if the kid is sick. I even understand if he WASN'T sick and just had an error. What I don't understand is why they uploaded the video anyway.

Could be any number of reasons. My guess is that since it's their last behind the star video going into finals week, they decided that it simply made sense to make it clowns. I'm sure they wouldn't break off rehearsal to make a special recording (they don't usually do that until the day of finals... at least that's how it used to be), so they just used what was available. I couldn't tell you.

I understand if the kid is sick. I even understand if he WASN'T sick and just had an error. What I don't understand is why they uploaded the video anyway.

Because it is friggin drum corps, warts and all. I don't need sterile perfection, fracks happen, and I think they sounded great. That video is nothing to be ashamed of. It is realistic, not a studio recording.