Get these Flippin WW's out of my I&E

Woodwinds out of I&E: Agree/Disagree?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Agree/Disagree?

• Agree
    • Disagree
  2. 2. If you had a Drum and Bugle Corps Woodwind I&E Championship Ring would you wear it?

• Yes
    • No

If I did march, I wouldn't do WW I&E . . . I'd honestly be a little embarrassed if I won. I probably wouldn't wear the medal either.

Exactly. Like I said before, I am a WW player as well, but joined Drum Corps to compete with a Brass instrument.

Now, in 2009 we have 5 people competing on Saxophone, 6 on Flute, 7 on Oboe/Clarinet/Bassoon, and,

what's this?!?!? 3 on Mellophone?!? (I played Mellophone in corps, never did I&E though)

I remember hearing Mellophone runs a pleanty from the great corps and amazing Mellophone performances in I&E.

What happened?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Like I said before, I am a WW player as well, but joined Drum Corps to compete with a Brass instrument.

Now, in 2009 we have 5 people competing on Saxophone, 6 on Flute, 7 on Oboe/Clarinet/Bassoon, and,

what's this?!?!? 3 on Mellophone?!? (I played Mellophone in corps, never did I&E though)

I remember hearing Mellophone runs a pleanty from the great corps and amazing Mellophone performances in I&E.

What happened?

What about trombone and french horn?? I just wish they had trombones in I&E when I marched. Esp since I used my bass bone when I auditioned for corps..lol

Edited by Feathers Up

What happened?

So you never even did I&E, and yet you want these instruments out of "YOUR" I&E?? Seriously, what do you care? You never even participated to begin with.

So you never even did I&E, and yet you want these instruments out of "YOUR" I&E?? Seriously, what do you care? You never even participated to begin with.

If the dutiful, watchdog nature of a drum corps alum does not include commenting on Drum Corps as a whole and the direction it takes, let alone bringing things that seem incongruous to the attention of the greater DCP population, I do not know what is.

The far more important part of that post was what was said directly before and after, I merely included that tidbit to indicate that I had no animosity toward the I&E system for having placed poorly in it.