Teaching, Clinics, Band Camps, Oh My!

DMCK

There are a lot of people on DCP available to teach band camps, work clinics, teach during the season, etc...so feel free to post here if you're available...or if your band is in need of something. Let's help hook fellow drum corps folks up with jobs. It's good for the activity and for us as individuals!

Personally, I am available to teach camps, clinics, and student leadership workshops. If you think your band could really use someone to come in once, twice, nine times and work with your student leaders...I'm your guy. I have experience, I have a program, and I have a proven track record of success working with drum majors and other leaders.

Aside from that, I'm versitile. I can work with your brass or woodwinds, as I play both and have experience instructing both. I can also run visual rehearsals from up top, or I can be a kick a** field tech. That's just fine with me.

So...if you're looking for an extra hand during band camp, want to bring in an extra set of eyes and/or ears, need your show finished quickly because your designer failed you, need music or drill fixed, or if you need someone to make your drum major super-awesome...let me know.

Email me at kilian.chris@gmail.com.

P.S. If you work somewhere and you use freelance writers, data analysts, or other geeky boring tasks, consider me as well. I have experience in these areas and would love to pick up some extra freelance work while getting my own business off the ground. Thanks!

Edited by DMCK

This is a good idea.

Personally, I am always available for percussion arranging and free advise/opinions. I'm willing to work with any groups, comfortable with a number of skill levels and willing to work with composers as well to create percussion parts for their original works (or arranged works). My work has been recieved well by schools and judges alike but more importantly, the students have enjoyed what I've put out there.

I'll work with a band to write for them and within their budget. I'd rather write for you than not write at all! I haven't met a group yet that I couldn't work out something with.

All work comes in pdf with mp3s. I use VDL2.5/Sibelius.

I can also consider a consulting/cleaning type situation. Maybe you need someone in once a month to clean stuff up? Or want to get someone in front of your kids to motivate them once?

If you're interested, email me - czpercussion@mac.com

Edited by Cadet311

I'd write percussion and not charge and arm and leg.

• 3 weeks later...

oops this thread hasn't been touched for a while but I'll jump in.

I write custom music for marching band shows. I started my senior year in high school and that one ended up being very successful. I wrote my second one for a high school for this current marching band season. I can write completely original music or arrange music; I'll write whatever you want in your show. I write all the music too; brass, wind, battery and front ensemble so there's no need to re-arrange/re-score. I also write indoor percussion shows. Again; custom or arrangements for any level. Also, I have a friend with drum corps experience who writes excellent drill and we have been talking about writing some shows together. Anyway, I know this marching season is already underway but if you ever need custom music for....well really anything! even like your concert bands! (I"m a composition major) I'm always looking to write for new people.

Thanks

Jeff

P.S. I also teach percussion and some visual in the Pacific Northwest area.

Anyone in Tampa interested developing an indoor drumline with Synergy in Arts for Youth featuring your work?

SAY plans include indoor colorguard this season, indoor drumline and parade drum and bugle corps in near future 2010/11. Please reply to william@synergyinarts.org for further information.