FDO Looks Toward Next Season

First off, congrats to all of the corps that made it to the finals, FDB rooted for everyone there and saw great performances all around! Special congrats to THE KNIGHTS for winning it and keeping the championship in the CLASS family (though FDB DID win the CLASS Championships. HAHA)!!!

With DCPI-XII now over the FDO can now look to clear horizons as to what to do for the upcoming season. I will say that we are bringing ALL of our corps back as well as our pre-season event. However, we do have some changes for our pre-season event, but more to come on that later in the post. Some may think that this is premature, but if I personally don't do this now, then I'll end up forgetting!!!

The flagship corps, Florida Dragon Battalion will be bringing back a show that we wanted to do in DCPI-X but never got the chance to do it.

"Trittico" by Vaclav Nehlybel

Mvt. I - Allegro Maestoso

Mvt. II - Adagio

Mvt. III - Allegro Marcato

There will be a total of 146 members (78 Brass, 36 Percussion, 30 Guard, 2 Drum Majors) in the FDB for DCPI-XIII.

DCPI-VIII Division II (now Open Class) Champions Florida Dragon Regiment will be performing a show based off a HBO hit miniseries.

"Music from Band of Brothers" by Michael Kamen

Mvt. I - Main Theme

Mvt. II - The Mission Begins

Mvt. III - Bull's Theme

Mvt. IV - Excerpts from Suite No. 2

Mvt. V - Requiem for a Soldier

There will be a total of 120 members (60 Brass, 30 Percussion, 28 Guard, 2 Drum Majors) in the FDR for DCPI-XIII.

DCPI-VIII Division III (now A Class) Silver Medalists Florida Dragon Cadets has some latin feel to themselves this coming season. Some of the pieces may seem very familiar. (But hey, I like them!! LOL)

"Latin Fever"

Mvt. I - Escorpion

Mvt. II - Bolero (Maurice Ravel)

Mvt. III - Como la Flor (Selena, in case some didn't know)

Mvt. IV - One More Time, Chuck Corea

There will be a total of 84 members (40 Brass, 24 Percussion, 19 Guard, 1 Drum Major) in the FDC for DCPI-XIII.

FDO's Pre-Season event is coming back but with a different feel. We want to try something different out this time around offering a full week of competition where each ensemble attending will perform once a day for four days (Monday through Thursday) to get a feel for it and to earn as many points as they can. After the four days, only a certain amount of corps will be allowed to perform at Friday's Quarterfinals event. Saturday will be where the Semifinals (morning/afternoon) and Finals (evening) events will take place.

We are still working out all of the details, but the scoring format will be done in a traditional marching band set up for the state of Florida, though expanded and with a couple of twists of my own. There are two judges for each of the primary captions (GE, Music, Visual) except for Individual Music and Individual Visual. If you're not familiar, I will gladly explain.

Primary Captions

General Effect (40 points) = GE Music (2 judges, 20 points each, averaged together) + GE Visual (2 judges, 20 points each, averaged together) = up to 40 possible points

Music Performance (30 points) = Ensemble Music (2 judges, 20 points each, averaged together) + Individual Music (1 judge for 10 points) = up to 30 possible points

Visual Performance (30 points) = Ensemble Visual (2 judges, 20 points each, averaged together) + Individual Visual (1 judge for 10 points) = up to 30 possible points

Side Captions

Percussion (100 points, ONE JUDGE) = Front Ensemble (50 points) + Battery (50 points) = up to 100 possible points

Color Guard (100 points, ONE JUDGE) = Flags / Rifles (50 points) + Dancers / Sabres (50 points) = up to 100 possible points

Drum Major (100 points, ONE JUDGE) = Image / Projection (50 points) + Field Conducting (50 points) = up to 100 possible points

For classes, I tend to go with a Marching Band style where there's no World Class or anything like that. This event offers five classes (A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A) depending on the SIZE of your group. Just because you're bringing bigger groups doesn't mean that you're better! Organizations will be allowed to have one group PER class, so a total of five groups will be able to attend. This could also help Executive Directors out that want to also bring those that auditioned but didn't quite make the cut as they can still get a feel of what it's like to compete in a DCPI Pre-Season setting. The registration form will be posted shortly, but I know that "Caption Submissions" will be done by a random number system, except that YOU pick the numbers. More to come on that.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or send my an IM on Yahoo! (username: wwildt).

-Wayne

PS: Mitch I'll be asking for new logos and show posters for my corps soon too! :tongue:

Edited by Wayne

Good lord, really? I mean, I already have an idea for what shows I want to do in Season 13, but I'll probably change my mind 483 times by the beginning of October alone. :doh:

Good lord, really? I mean, I already have an idea for what shows I want to do in Season 13, but I'll probably change my mind 483 times by the beginning of October alone. :doh:

Yeah, I've been thinking ahead. :doh:

PS: Mitch I'll be asking for new logos and show posters for my corps soon too! :tongue:

Just let me know.

Also to those that have sent me logo or banner request I apologize. It's been a crazy summer. I will get back on it and try and reach out again if it was a request not completed.

Edited by StarOrg

awesome news and you can definitely count your neighbors at The SunArts Org (formerly SSYAO) in for the preseason event!

Edited by RockEuph

There will be more news in regards to the Pre-Season event by this weekend with all of the logistics. There's a chance that this event may attract more corps than anticipated, so we want to take all precautions in scheduling and housing as early as we can. :)