OK, BD, you are kicking everyone's butt! Now, can we have some

BD is redefining the activity again much like Cavies did up until 06.

Is there a way they can become a fan favorite again by playing tunes again and still win? I think it would be great for everyone to love the Blue Devils again for what they play, as well as admiring them for being so great at the same time.

Those kids don't deserve boos like last night and surely BD can design a cutting edge show with music that just screams Blue Devils! :doh:

I want to hear more developed musical lines from them and more complete tunes like they used to. It works for Crown, Phantom, SCV,etc? Let the fans hear you again and cheer!

What say you?

Edited by trumpetcam

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say I want the Blue Devils to do the kinds of shows they like to do. Many people will like them. Many people won't. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was......

Yeah, but compare this to 86, when they also smoked everyone. I know they were a crowd favorite then and the musical intent was still at the forefront of the activity. I know times have changed and the visual really works for them, but it would be nice if the kids weren't treated like the Yankees by the rest of the activity.

They will always do what they feel is the best show for their corps, but it would be nice for us paying fans to hear such a great hornline play great music again. Too much to ask?

Edited by trumpetcam

Is there a way they can become a fan favorite again by playing tunes again and still win? I think it would be great for everyone to love the Blue Devils again for what they play, as well as admiring them for being so great at the same time.

You know, you guys should really get out of the echo-chamber that is DCP. It seems to me that DCP (and finals for the next 10 years) is made up of a large amount of midwest and eastern folks who experience only midwest and eastern drum corps. They then develop this feeling that nobody likes BD because nobody around them likes them.

I hate to break it to you, but there tons of Devils fans all over the place. Step out of your comfort zone every once in a while and you might notice them. They are a fan favorite to many outside this echo-chamber.

Edited by MagicBobert

You know, you guys should really get out of the echo-chamber that is DCP. It seems to me that DCP (and finals for the next 10 years) is made up of a large amount of midwest and eastern folks who experience only midwest and eastern drum corps. They then develop this feeling that nobody likes BD because nobody around them likes them.

I hate to break it to you, but there tons of Devils fans all over the place. Step out of your comfort zone every once in a while and you might notice them. They are a fan favorite to many outside this echo-chamber.

I am one of them as well. It just chaps me to see so many people bashing them for winning and not being a "crowd" favorite. I would love them if they played Come to Jesus in F major in whole notes, but I selfishly would love to hear them play some good jazz again.

BTW, spent 6 years of my life in LA, Concord and Fresno. I am a West Coast guy at heart.

Edited by trumpetcam

:doh:

The Blue Devils have *never* been a "fan favorite" like Madison or Bluecoats, the simple fact is people don't like a powerhouse (Star of Indiana sure got the BD treatment once they got good, and they were striving to be likable all the way up til that last year when they said "screw it, they hate us anyway so let's play what we want").

If all the corps tried to please the typical DCI "fans", all we'd hear is Malaguena every year by every corps. :doh:

It just chaps me to see so many people bashing them for winning and not being a "crowd" favorite.

Had finals been on the West Coast this year who do you think would have been the "crowd favorite"?

:doh:

Location, location, location!

If all the corps tried to please the typical DCI "fans", all we'd hear is Malaguena every year by every corps. :doh:

Ahaha! I am so sick of Malaguena! :doh:

Edited by MagicBobert

Yeah, but compare this to 86, when they also smoked everyone. I know they were a crowd favorite then and the musical intent was still at the forefront of the activity. I know times have changed and the visual really works for them, but it would be nice if the kids weren't treated like the Yankees by the rest of the activity.

There will always be an element of fans who will seek to attack BD because they're the best. Jealousy, resentment, all that stuff. It comes with the territory and I'm sure, like the Yankees, if you boo the Blue Devils, that just makes them smile. "They don't boo you if you suck."

They will always do what they feel is the best show for their corps, but it would be nice for us paying fans to hear such a great hornline play great music again. Too much to ask?

I'm a paying fan and I LOVED their show this year. Many of my friends did too. It was one of my favorite shows of the season. So how's this.......stop presuming to speak for "the paying fans" in what you think everyone wants to see and hear. Is THAT too much to ask? We all like what we like, and just because you and even a lot of people might not care for BD's show this year, doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way.

Had finals been on the West Coast this year who do you think would have been the "crowd favorite"?

Vanguard, from everything I've seen ...