Blue Devils Guard

How does a guard earn a perfect score with 2 horrible drops and NO LESS than 6 sails in an indoor arena with NO WIND? One sail took 35 seconds for the dude to get it undone. I'm not even a freakin guard person. C'mon judge guy....a 19.8 an 19.7....but a 20?

This is not an idictment on BD. They can't control the numbers they get. How can a judge ignore obvious errors? Is this a case of "not leaving enough room at the top" and have no other choicee but to award a perfect score?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So give them a 19.9. Or learn numbers management.

And on the flip side, people are complaining because the HNC drumline scored low (which should NEVER happen!) even though apparently a drummer FELL DOWN and caused the line to have a terrible night (well, well, that shouldn't MATTER, it was just ONE fall down!).

*yawn*

Congrats to the awesome Blue Devils colorguard for yet another well deserved title!!

How does a guard earn a perfect score with 2 horrible drops and NO LESS than 6 sails in an indoor arena with NO WIND? One sail took 35 seconds for the dude to get it undone. I'm not even a freakin guard person. C'mon judge guy....a 19.8 an 19.7....but a 20?

This is not an idictment on BD. They can't control the numbers they get. How can a judge ignore obvious errors? Is this a case of "not leaving enough room at the top" and have no other choicee but to award a perfect score?

By the way, you mention 2 "horrible" drops (I assume you think they were really, really bad as opposed to a "regular" drop). Just 2.

Is it possible the color guard judge simply didn't see it?

As for this "sails" thing I've never heard of it (and I've been involved in corps for almost 30 years, but not a guard person), is that a mistake or something?

By the way, you mention 2 "horrible" drops (I assume you think they were really, really bad as opposed to a "regular" drop). Just 2.

Is it possible the color guard judge simply didn't see it?

As for this "sails" thing I've never heard of it (and I've been involved in corps for almost 30 years, but not a guard person), is that a mistake or something?

A sail is when the flag gets wrapped around the top of the pole.

A sail is when the flag gets wrapped around the top of the pole.

I see. Thanks for letting me know!

I'm not all that savvy about what constitutes a guard mistake (I know they always do try to pull the things down when they get caught up though!), I always figured that was par for the course.

Why was my comment not classy?

Did I offend you in some way?

(btw, I'm not a West Coast "fan", I marched on the West Coast thus the name)

I guess you didnt read the new DCP terms bro.

You agree to agree that high scores and praise are ONLY acceptable if its Carolina Crown.

Had Carolina Crown recieved said honor, there wuold be no posting of how rediculous or undesearved the score was.

This is another dissappointed fan of a corps other than Blue Devils being Ants at a Picnic.

I mean comon... hes an admitted "Not even a color guard guy", and he still started up a thread just to bash a guard of a drum corps he doesnt like! lol.

In any case, most of the Color Guard people i know have tremendous respect for what the Blue Devils did.

As do i.

Congrats BD.

PS

I love Crown. Dont anyone think otherwise!

Scores are just relative to each other. I mean if the judges really were in a pinch to keep a spread then they would go over the perfect score of 20.......no I'm just kidding but sometimes you have to wonder.