dont let george see this

I think there would be problems with phasing. If the electric drummer were at the back corner of the field and the sound were emanating at the front center, he wouldn't be able to listen to people around him and people around him wouldn't be able to listen to him because he would have to play with the pit (who he of course isn't supposed to listen to). But even playing with the DM would create problems. Kinda neat technology, but I see it being impractical for the high level playing of a drum corps. I guess that wouldn't stop Georgie though. :doh:

disgusting.....looks creepy, sounds creepy, LETS DO IT!!!!......

disgusting.....looks creepy, sounds creepy, LETS DO IT!!!!......

OT here, but is the "goodbye" in your signature inclusive of the yardstick?

Because I'm pretty sure those are legal instruments in DCI.

I think there would be problems with phasing. If the electric drummer were at the back corner of the field and the sound were emanating at the front center, he wouldn't be able to listen to people around him and people around him wouldn't be able to listen to him because he would have to play with the pit (who he of course isn't supposed to listen to). But even playing with the DM would create problems. Kinda neat technology, but I see it being impractical for the high level playing of a drum corps. I guess that wouldn't stop Georgie though. :doh:

I have a simple fix. Just have the system vary the amount of delay based upon the distance between the player and the amp. GPS coordinates perhaps? Or maybe it's not so simple...

OT here, but is the "goodbye" in your signature inclusive of the yardstick?

Because I'm pretty sure those are legal instruments in DCI.

Dear, God no..... Electronic drumsets? In drum corps? Please tell me that this is some horrifying, sick joke........ some viral video from YouTube, that's can't possibly be true......

If some corps trots one of these things out next year, at the Houston or San Antonio shows, I will go berserk. I swear I will go Vincent van Gogh, and cut my own ear off. I will sneak a knife into the Alamodome, and do it.

More to the point: why would someone want to do this? To what end? How would you integrate your marching abomination into your music book?

And what pieces would it be appropriate for? Would you use your electronic drumset, to add to your rendition of The Planets or The Pines of Rome..... I am sure that Holst and Respighi had electronic drumsets in mind, when they penned these great works.

Maybe you could use it, if you wanted to stage a drum corps version of the movie "Xanadu":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081777/

Truly, after seeing this, I know that drum corps is now descending to the lowest common denominator.

Dear, God no..... Electronic drumsets? In drum corps? Please tell me that this is some horrifying, sick joke........ some viral video from YouTube, that's can't possibly be true......

If some corps trots one of these things out next year, at the Houston or San Antonio shows, I will go berserk. I swear I will go Vincent van Gogh, and cut my own ear off. I will sneak a knife into the Alamodome, and do it.

More to the point: why would someone want to do this? To what end? How would you integrate your marching abomination into your music book?

And what pieces would it be appropriate for? Would you use your electronic drumset, to add to your rendition of The Planets or The Pines of Rome..... I am sure that Holst and Respighi had electronic drumsets in mind, when they penned these great works.

Maybe you could use it, if you wanted to stage a drum corps version of the movie "Xanadu":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081777/

Truly, after seeing this, I know that drum corps is now descending to the lowest common denominator.

ummm im pretty sure judging by the video, that this is some bad idea that never made it out of hte 80's. so i think your safe. I just found it and thought people here would get a good laugh out of it. not really a serious thing lol

ummm im pretty sure judging by the video, that this is some bad idea that never made it out of hte 80's. so i think your safe. I just found it and thought people here would get a good laugh out of it. not really a serious thing lol

Dude, don't do that me - I was ready to check myself into the nearest mental hospital.

Now, I just need to go back to sleep...... it was all just a bad dream...... a bad dream....... :doh:

Hold it.... the caption under the video says September 2nd, 2006.... a date that will live in infamy!

This isn't from the 80's! This is from 3 years ago.

It had its debut that night, at Huron High School..... wherever the hell that is..... Quick, someone call in an MX Missile Strike, on Huron High School, before it is too late!

Now I won't get to sleep for the next 9 months.......

Edited by oldschooldbc