Need g sops and snares!

The new True North might be a little short of equipt come Jan. After checking stock Blue Saints didn't have as much to lend as previously thought. I should have kept closer contact with them to confirm what we were borrowing. My fault! Any way looks like we may need to borrow 6 or 8 g soprano g horns and 4 snares untill fall or spring 2010. We'd like to march the parade corps summer of 2010 with 10 sop, 2 mello, 4, bari, 2 contra, 4 snare,4 bass, 2 multi, 2 cymb, 1 DM.

If any corps operating or folded has g horns and snares to lend, please notify me of what you have to lend and we can arrange to pick up or have shipped what we need in late Nov or early Dec. We really don't want to be buying as we intend to start purchasing new b horns next fall as soon as we qualify for the Ontario Trillium Foundation Grants. Just a though, if there are a number of folded corps with equipt to get rid of, if you can't sell it, please consider passing it on to a group that we can set up to gather such equipt and divide it up into lots big enouth to start a decent parade corps and ship it out on loan to qualifying groups that wish to start a corps. Having this used equipt to get started is a terrific finanacial cost taken out of their start up finances.

Just a thought, well OK, I'd like to see this set up. I certainly wouldn't be able to be going ahead at this time without the equipt I am being loaned to start up. Interested parties contact me and we'll see what can be set up.

P.S. DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE G SOPS AND SNARES I STILL NEED TO BORROW BY JANUARY!

Contact information is here http://www.wix.com/truenorthdc/truenorth-save-file

THANKS

Rick

Director

True North

Edited by truenorthdc

I will see what what our BOD says at St. John's for the horns, we still use our drums. Question ??? why would you teach the members to to play on G bugles then have to re-teach on b flats? Just curious.

You can email me at director_stjohns@rogers.com if you wish.

I will see what what our BOD says at St. John's for the horns, we still use our drums. Question ??? why would you teach the members to to play on G bugles then have to re-teach on b flats? Just curious.

You can email me at director_stjohns@rogers.com if you wish.

If you know anyone with b horns to lend we'll be glad to take them. I don't think there are any out there yet. Actually the Blue Saints went to b horns and that is why they offered their g's to us to help get us started. Who knows, IF everything goes perfectly, we might just might have our new b flats for the summer. Building up the lips and wrists is the time consuming part. Plus when we start the competitive corps next fall we'll have this base of 40 with some experience as a base to build upon. We would certainly appreciate any assistance St. John's can offer and would return the favour next year when you start rebuilding again.

When I started playing in the Artillery Reserves Band we were on g horns. After 2 1/2 years I transfered to the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry Bugle Band and was on b flats. I really didn't notice much difference. Remember, back then we played with one valve and a half tone rotor. Ask your grandfather what that means. lol

Hope to hear from you soon, my email is on our web site.

Update: Rick has been contacted by a representative of the 21st Century Foundation to see if they can provide any help. They don't have horns to lend, and no drums at all, but may have some Bb brass at a reduced price. Perhaps some people would each sponsor a horn for Rick so he can get this thing going.

Garry in Vegas

Update: Rick has been contacted by a representative of the 21st Century Foundation to see if they can provide any help. They don't have horns to lend, and no drums at all, but may have some Bb brass at a reduced price. Perhaps some people would each sponsor a horn for Rick so he can get this thing going.

Garry in Vegas

:tongue: News of the Bb horns was fantastic. CrunchyTenor, I can't thank you enough. Fingers crossed it all works out.

Still looking for about 4 snares, all the same color if possible but we can march with practice type covers on them or find a talented parent to recover them.

Edited by truenorthdc

Wish I knew what happened to all the Emerald Knights of Mississauga's equipment. :laughing:

Wish I knew what happened to all the Emerald Knights of Mississauga's equipment. :laughing:

If we could get all the equipment sitting in garages, basements and storage, we could probably equipt. several corps.

Edited by truenorthdc