Loud and good or Candy and good?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate corps that have big hornlines and blast away...not in tune with any section balance or blend. If hornlines can play in tune, they automatically sound louder. Plus overtones...

Loud is good when it is in tune. I like loud...a lot

Crown plays loud but not balanced...well they do more than some corps but I think Cadets get a pretty nice ballzy loud with balance as in the tubas are just as loud at the trumpets and its incredible, to me at least. Now In tune? HA! good luck with that, I think maybe Cavaliers are the only corps that gets close to that, now if they could produce some volume then they would be set.

Agree, pretty much.

Crown plays with a more balanced sound than any other hornline out there, and they play more in tune than any other hornline on the field. There's a reason why they won brass overall by 5 tenths finals week.

I always found the middle brass to be lacking this year. Like all the volume was coming from the trumpets and tubas.

Agree, pretty much.

I always found the middle brass to be lacking this year. Like all the volume was coming from the trumpets and tubas.

Seriously? That baritone line was crazy loud. And those mellos in Sensemaya were wailing (with good tone, mind you)