Want to drum?

Ray Priester

If you still 'have it' and want to play once again, come on down!

The Skyliners Alumni has openings available in the drum line; snare, keyboards, bass, cymbals. We'd love to have YOU be a part of US. Our next practice is on Sunday, November 22 at 12 noon at the Garfield VFW Post located at 340 Outwater Lane in Garfield, NJ right next to the rr tracks. Plenty of parking and an on-site oasis and kitchen.

So bring your sticks and chops that day.

We look forward to meeting you and having you participate with one of the top alumni drum lines around. So, don't be shy, c'mon down and spend an afternoon with us. You'll be glad you did.

Ray

If you still 'have it' and want to play once again, come on down!

The Skyliners Alumni has openings available in the drum line; snare, keyboards, bass, cymbals. We'd love to have YOU be a part of US. Our next practice is on Sunday, November 22 at 12 noon at the Garfield VFW Post located at 340 Outwater Lane in Garfield, NJ right next to the rr tracks. Plenty of parking and an on-site oasis and kitchen.

So bring your sticks and chops that day.

We look forward to meeting you and having you participate with one of the top alumni drum lines around. So, don't be shy, c'mon down and spend an afternoon with us. You'll be glad you did.

Ray

So, Ray, I guess there are a number of drummers moving into the "Sideliners"?

So, Ray, I guess there are a number of drummers moving into the "Sideliners"?

There's a few Larry; moving on to family, job and other interests which have been on back burners for the last few years or moving into another section of the line. Some are on medical leave, either themselves or family members.

There's always room for one more, in any section, drums or horns.

Ray

There's a few Larry; moving on to family, job and other interests which have been on back burners for the last few years or moving into another section of the line. Some are on medical leave, either themselves or family members.

There's always room for one more, in any section, drums or horns.

Ray

I'm on it. Recruiting from "Up-State Connecticut".

I'm on it. Recruiting from "Up-State Connecticut".

ROFLMAO :whistle: The Skyliners are notorious for that. I knew a lot of guys from Connecticut who could have marched with the Hurcs right next door, but chose Sky instead. It's true, it's true!

ROFLMAO :whistle: The Skyliners are notorious for that. I knew a lot of guys from Connecticut who could have marched with the Hurcs right next door, but chose Sky instead. It's true, it's true!

Bump

Andy Lisko often tells the story of he and other members of PAL going to Condon Post where the Hurcs rehearsed at the time. The Hurcs, trying to entice new members, would ply them with adult beverages during and after practice. As Andy tells it, most of these guys would eventually go to NY, as they always planned to do anyway. Their saying at the time was "you buy us beer, you bend our ear and all we do is stall". Bucky must have passed on his secrets to getting others to buy the suds!

Quite a few 'upstate' Connecticut guys came to the Skyliners without any active recruiting, i.e. Pat and Dennis McCue and a few others from the Marksmen and other corps from that area.

Back on topic - bring your sticks and chops to Garfield. Like dinner at an Italian or Irish household, there's always room for one more!

C'mon down on the 22nd! See you then.

Ray