Forget Woodwinds: Should DCI allow Garden Hoses?

We're missing the bigger question more related to HasBeen's posting of this clip. How could drum corps utilize hoses into their shows and what could the addition of hoses mean for the future of the activity?

Has someone made a pun about the hose parts getting watered throughout the season?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has someone made a pun about the hose parts getting watered throughout the season?

Not yet, but if they do, they should know the hose brings its own water.

Not yet, but if they do, they should know the hose brings its own water.

What about gas-fired hose? We just feed you some cheese before the show and ...

Too much risk of combustibility.

Wouldn't want to violate any pyro rules ... But it would be a great re-enactment for an all-Hindenberg show.

Wouldn't want to violate any pyro rules ... But it would be a great re-enactment for an all-Hindenberg show.

That's an idea for a corps show: Great disasters through history.

I would suggest the following events that I think wouldn't be too politically incorrect:

The Titanic. (The corps could hit an iceberg form and then sink below the undulating waves of wavy company front.)

The introduction of the Ford Edsel. (Somehow this would involve the re-creation of the Edsel grill shape.)

The Hindenberg. (Red flags could pop out of a cylindrical shape as the shape collapses to the (front) ground.)

Oprah announces the end of her syndicated show. (This would feature guard members crying and throwing themselves off the drum major podium.)

The Bubonic Plague. (The corps would re-enact Bridgemen's end-of-show fall.)

On a serious note ...

Thanks to all for watching this episode of "BooWorld". It's a web mini-series that's been years in the making, probably because we shot the original material before there was such a thing as web series and had to wait this long just for the technology to catch up with our creative vision (or at least that's my BS story and I'm sticking to it.

If you enjoyed "BooWorld: Hosed!", and all of the whacky banter and side jokes this week, there are two more episodes in this limited mini-series that will be released this year, starting with "Balls!", which will be hitting the InterWebs in a week or so.

If you'd like to stay on top of future "BooWorld" episodes, as well as upcoming videos from myself and other web video friends, please subscribe to TurboMandala's YouTube Channel, and you'll be notified when new stuff comes out.

Also, please use the YouTube controls to rate, comment about, and share "BooWorld" with your friends. As a producer, this is a great way to find out what you like, what you don't, and get ideas that we can steal for free and incorporate into other shows.

Thanks!

TurboMandala Entertainment

East Bay, CA.

If you enjoyed "BooWorld: Hosed!", and all of the whacky banter and side jokes this week, there are two more episodes in this limited mini-series that will be released this year, starting with "Balls!", which will be hitting the InterWebs in a week or so.

Uh, oh. Now I'm really scared. My memory doesn't go back that many years. Will I have to change my name?

Love is so strange

You don't know the half of it.

I'll be hitting Chicago's Loop a few times in the next few weeks. Want to join me?