Carolina Crown

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown breaks 800 vote mark... we need your help!

HEY DRUM CORPS FANS! HELP ALL OF THE CORPS WITH YOUR VOTE...

Even if you joined Facebook just to vote 20 times, it would be an amazing gift to all the corps this Thanksgiving.

Please also vote for Carolina Crown and support for music education with Chase Giving! Here is a REALLY cool video why.

PLEA VIDEO - http://carolinacrown.org/web/index.php?opt...&Itemid=541

VOTE HERE - http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiv...ost&ref=mf#

Carolina Crown is almost at 1000 votes. Can we make it there tonight???

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

If we earn the $25,000.00 (and that is a big, but very attainable "IF" with your support) .... What would you like for us to do to thank the drum corps community for helping us? (within reason and legal! lol)

http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiv...ost&ref=mf#

Edited by njthundrrd

Carolina Crown is almost at 1000 votes. Can we make it there tonight???

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

If we earn the $25,000.00 (and that is a big, but very attainable "IF" with your support) .... What would you like for us to do to thank the drum corps community for helping us? (within reason and legal! lol)

http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiv...ost&ref=mf#

Spread the money evenly to all competitive DCI corps :tongue:

Oooooooooh money. Like Crown doesn't have money right now. With all the donations they probably get, money from fees and camp registrations, and god knows what else, I am sure they have money.

I would vote not for my favorite corps, but for one who is trying to get back on its feet. Like half of the lower-tier open class corps who can get new equipment and uniforms.

Greedy, greedy, greedy....

Oooooooooh money. Like Crown doesn't have money right now. With all the donations they probably get, money from fees and camp registrations, and god knows what else, I am sure they have money.

I would vote not for my favorite corps, but for one who is trying to get back on its feet. Like half of the lower-tier open class corps who can get new equipment and uniforms.

I take issue with this statement and attitude.

Yes we are asking for one vote, but we are also asking everyone to use all 20 votes

for all their favorite corps or other charities. Greed is not involved here.

It's a non profit. Every corps deserves to win. Every corps needs to win.

We at Crown work hard to raise every dollar for the corps. Same with all the corps.

Pick any corps, they all work hard. No exception.

So....I challenge you to take your negative attitude and put it to good use and do something positive for your favorite corps.

Vote for ALL your favorite corps and Charities.

Here's the link for Colts - under their original name of Legion Aires Drum and Bugle Corps

http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiv...harities/818143

I encourage everybody on DCP to go and vote for ALL corps. From what I've seen looking at the Chase page, there aren't many groups that are over 1,000 votes yet - if we all vote for several corps then there actually is a good chance of more than one ending up in the Top 100. If anyone spots a group with more than 5,000 votes, please post so we get a sense of what the goal needs to be.

Blake,

(All of this is written with the highest regard to sincerity and humility, so I hope I don't get flamed)

If you have aged out of Capital Regiment, I hope that you are able to give your corps a few dollars in donation every year to give back to them. Donations are really the life blood of every non-profit. Last year (and we are expecting this year also) was a very difficult year for donation income for obvious reasons. I will not speak for all corps, but I would not be surprised if the majority of the groups did not make their budgets. Every non-profit fights for it's financial life every year (and some more than others). We fight to keep the cost down for the members, when everything around us costs more.

A program like Chase Community Giving might seem like an easy way for corps to make money, IF all of our fans voted!... What if every drum corps fan on Facebook cast their 20 votes for 20 corps? Wow, we would probably have a number of corps in the top 100 with this program.

Here is another question? What if every drum corps alumni gave, let's say, a minimum $200 a year to the corps they aged out of every year? $200 is probably a dollar amount we waste over and over again in the course of the year. What would that do for the activity besides tickets or souvie sales?

Some people would want to give that money to the member (great and needed way of donating), but for most corps what the members pay is only a fraction of what it costs the corps to provide for that member. To keep the tuition at 30% of the total cost to the individual, the corps has to do a lot of work to manage cost and raise funds for the other 70%. We do everything we can to keep the cost down for our members as we fight growing costs for everything else.

Here is a video that might put it into perspective - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=...id=164147100071

So, with that said and in agreement with adsigns, how do you turn your energy into a positive force?

You don't have to vote for Crown. We wish you would, but vote for a drum corps ANY corps... ALL the corps...

Edited by njthundrrd