Join The Crusade!

Hello everyone! It's the week of Thanksgiving, and we know what that means...time to start gearing up for another season of drum corps! We've been working hard behind the scenes to plan for a banner year for The Crusaders. Powerful music, great drill, and a family you wouldn't want to trade for the world are all among the plans for this season.

--New to Crusaders? Come join one of the longest-competing drum and bugle corps in the world, as we kick off another year of competition!

--Coming back to Cru? We can't wait to see you, and reconnect with our brothers and sisters!

--Can't march, but want to help? We're always looking for volunteers! It truly takes a village to run a drum and bugle corps, and each and every extra pair of hands is a great asset. Whether those hands are flipping grilled cheese sandwiches, or driving one of the vehicles we use to get the corps to from points A to B, there's a need in this corps that you can fill.

In the link below, you'll find information on our open house this coming Sunday, November 29. It is scheduled to take place from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, and will be held at American Legion Jewell Buckman Post 529, which is located at 5 Wright Street in Holley, NY.

http://www.facebook.com/#/event.php?eid=17...2859&ref=mf

All of us here are The Crusaders are very excited for the upcoming season, and we would love to see you there.

COME JOIN THE CRUSADE!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY! I personally can't wait to get back into drum corp mode and see my Cru family again! I have never met such a great group of people, and I am excited to see new faces this SUNDAY (11/29)!! Hope to see a lot of people there to kick off what is to be a GREAT season for the Crusaders!!

:tongue:

Hello everyone! It's the week of Thanksgiving, and we know what that means...time to start gearing up for another season of drum corps! We've been working hard behind the scenes to plan for a banner year for The Crusaders. Powerful music, great drill, and a family you wouldn't want to trade for the world are all among the plans for this season.

--New to Crusaders? Come join one of the longest-competing drum and bugle corps in the world, as we kick off another year of competition!

--Coming back to Cru? We can't wait to see you, and reconnect with our brothers and sisters!

--Can't march, but want to help? We're always looking for volunteers! It truly takes a village to run a drum and bugle corps, and each and every extra pair of hands is a great asset. Whether those hands are flipping grilled cheese sandwiches, or driving one of the vehicles we use to get the corps to from points A to B, there's a need in this corps that you can fill.

In the link below, you'll find information on our open house this coming Sunday, November 29. It is scheduled to take place from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, and will be held at American Legion Jewell Buckman Post 529, which is located at 5 Wright Street in Holley, NY.

http://www.facebook.com/#/event.php?eid=17...2859&ref=mf

All of us here are The Crusaders are very excited for the upcoming season, and we would love to see you there.

COME JOIN THE CRUSADE!

LOOKING BACK & FORWARD AT THE SAME TIME :

2007 saw us with a huge guard of 36 and Crusaders made the top 10 in DCA finals ;

2008 was better all around and we held our position in the top 10, albeit increased competition banging on the door ;

2009 proved to be more challenging with a corps that was reduced in size, this kept our score down through the year, but we never gave up and worked our tails off. No, we did not make the top 10, that is history, the larger southern corps prevailed in their quest.

Actuality: What made 2009 special was a warmer sense of friendships between the membership. Everyone worked (in my opinion) harder than in the 2 previous years. The reward was a great feeling of accomplishment and commaraderie amongst us. A very strong nucleus !!!!

Recruiting has been positive to date and the staff expects to see a much larger corps in all sections this year. The music will be enjoyable and challenging at the same time. We will prevail. "GO CRU" !!!!

Be a part of Crusaders and experience "Good Music ; Good People ; Good Times" . Stop in @ the Open House this Sunday and check us out !!! Doug

LOOKING BACK & FORWARD AT THE SAME TIME :

2007 saw us with a huge guard of 36 and Crusaders made the top 10 in DCA finals ;

2008 was better all around and we held our position in the top 10, albeit increased competition banging on the door ;

2009 proved to be more challenging with a corps that was reduced in size, this kept our score down through the year, but we never gave up and worked our tails off. No, we did not make the top 10, that is history, the larger southern corps prevailed in their quest.

Actuality: What made 2009 special was a warmer sense of friendships between the membership. Everyone worked (in my opinion) harder than in the 2 previous years. The reward was a great feeling of accomplishment and commaraderie amongst us. A very strong nucleus !!!!

Recruiting has been positive to date and the staff expects to see a much larger corps in all sections this year. The music will be enjoyable and challenging at the same time. We will prevail. "GO CRU" !!!!

Be a part of Crusaders and experience "Good Music ; Good People ; Good Times" . Stop in @ the Open House this Sunday and check us out !!! Doug

Absolutely, Doug. The membership impressed me on a regular basis with the "never say die" attitude. Sure, it was a challenging year with some unique issues and speed bumps, but we've all come out of it stronger. And you're right, of course; because of all that we dealt with as a group, we did become very tight-knit. So, now we come back stronger than ever! It's gonna be a fun year, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. :tongue:

Good Luck Crusaders!

I have alot of history with the Crusaders and some of my best friends and family have roots there.

Donny Allen