msesq

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice vid. I wonder how many triple espresso's he had. :tongue:

(that's a joke, people, sheesh!)

Holy freakin christ man you might as well label the man a crack head?? Have some freakin respect oh my freakin GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Holy freakin christ man you might as well label the man a crack head?? Have some freakin respect oh my freakin GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Hey - That's one too many exlamation points for you Mister!!!!

(Only 14 are allowed per day, per person) :tongue:

By the way, I've heard that 8 or 9 cups of Esspresso are equivelent

to 1 hit of crack, so...... :tongue:

To Sara's point about titles, really, does it matter?

I think it does. As far as I can tell, the corps director is the one with the final say on all things having to do with the operational and staffing aspects of the corps . . . and that's not something that has changed just because various job titles/descriptions have. Jim Mason is not that person for the Madison Scouts. Chris Komnick is the executive director of the Madison Scouts and is the one tasked with top-level decision making for the corps. Implying anything else is, I think, a factual inaccuracy and does him and the corps a disservice.

I think it does. As far as I can tell, the corps director is the one with the final say on all things having to do with the operational and staffing aspects of the corps . . . and that's not something that has changed just because various job titles/descriptions have. Jim Mason is not that person for the Madison Scouts. Chris Komnick is the executive director of the Madison Scouts and is the one tasked with top-level decision making for the corps. Implying anything else is, I think, a factual inaccuracy and does him and the corps a disservice.

Sue, I think I'll just respectfully stick with my arguement of "semantics". For example, Donnie Van Doren has the title of Staff Coordinator, as well as Brass Caption Head. (All these folks with multiple titles is another bizarre infection in drum corps...but I digress.) He may well have that title, but I can guarantee you he will be spending all of his time with the Brass program, and I will be shocked if he has any input into what the very capable Mr. Hannum is doing with his line. So really, he is the Brass Caption head. Period.

While Mason doesn't have the title of director, he is the one who brought most of the good "toys" to the game, and as we learned as children, he who owns the "ball" can always pick it up and go home. Game over. So to call him the "director" is, I believe, not a disrespectful remark towards anyone in the organization, but rather an indication of the amount of authority and decision making he will, in fact, wield as long as his "toys" (and his friend with the deep pockets) are involved with the corps.

I think to say the director is the one with the "...final say on all things having to do with the operational and staffing aspects of the corps..." validates my arguement, because according to the video, Jim is the one who brought all the key people on the staff on board, and he certainly makes it sound as if that was solely his doing.

Karen

To quote another thread-

Star bananas become Madison bananas, with bugle bananas of Mason's bugles. Jim Mason's bugles are banana bugles, while Scott Stewart's bugles were bugle bananas. Bill Cook was a banana.

There we go. That basically makes more sense then the last 5 pages. :tongue:

Bugle, I think I'll just bugle banana with my bugle of "bananas". For example, Banana Van Bugle has the title of Apple Mango, as well as Bugle Caption Banana. (All these bananas with bugles is another bizarre infection in drum corps...but I digress.) He may well have that bugle, but I can guarantee you he will be spending all of his time with the bugle banana, and I will be banana-ed if he has any bugle into what the very capable Mr. Bugle is doing with his banana. So really, he is the Bugle Caption banana. Licorice.

While Mason doesn't have the title of bugle-banana, he is the one who brought most of the good "bananas" to the bugle, and as we learned as bananas, he who owns the "bugle" can always pick it up and go banana. Game over. So to call him the "bugle-banana" is, I believe, not a bugle remark towards anyone in the banana, but rather a banana of the bugle of bugles and bananas he will, in fact, eat as long as his "bananas" (and his bugles with the long bananas) are bugled with the banana.

I bugle to banana the bugle-banana is the one with the "...banana say on all things having to do with the bugles and banan-ing aspects of the bugle..." bananas my bugle, because according to the bugle, bugle-banana is the one who bugled all the key bananas on the bugle on bugling, and he certainly makes it bugle as if that was solely his doing.

Banana

fixed :tongue:

Jim Mason has a history with many people and organizations within Drum Corps that has rubbed some the wrong way at times. However, this can be said for many people within the Drum Corps community and is certainly not limited to Jim Mason. I think what really matters here is that no matter what your personal opinion is of Jim Mason, for the first time in a long while the Scouts have something really exciting happening because of the entire group of staff that is being brought in through MEG and the direction they say they are taking the Scouts. (Oh that Video was Corny though)