New Canadian Alumni Performance Ensemble Starting In Ontario

A new Canadian alumni corps called ONcorps has started and consists of members from MANY of the current Alumni Corps in Ontario.The group also includes others who would like to participate in an ensemble but don't have the time (or in some cases desire) to commit to a full...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...4&Itemid=39

• 2 weeks later...

...um...bump...sigh...I live 2,000 miles away; but if you're in the neighbourhood, here's a gentle reminder :-)

"ONcorps is having their first ever rehearsal on January 17th, 2010, in Kitchener at the NorthStar Studio (home to Dutch Boy) and would like to invite anyone who is alumni of an Ontario Corps at any time of their lives (Junior AND Senior)"

Believe me, this is exciting!!! For anyone on facebook, here is the link to ON Corps page. Spread the news.

I'm looking forward to it,,,

bump!!

It looks like this is going to be a great turnout. Bring your horns, your drumsticks, your memories, and help put Ontario back onto the drum corps map.

bump!!

It looks like this is going to be a great turnout. Bring your horns, your drumsticks, your memories, and help put Ontario back onto the drum corps map.

I'm cheering for you all here in Alberta.

Just do it and have fun... Yeeha!

Well, today was the day !!!! Practise started around 1:00pm and the horns warmed up till 2:00pm then started into the first number, Malaguena. ALL 54 horns roughed it out at first but for a group that hadn't played together by the end of practise the room was rocking. The guard and drum line will focus on more numbers next practise. The horn line age ranged from 24 to 80. There is a lot of experience in this line that will probably rival some of the best alumni lines DCI has heard to date. I believe there was a reporter from Drum Corps World at the practise as well.

Will this group get the chance to play at finals week in the future ? That depends on DCI, this group sure has the quality and quantity to make the fans of drum corps stand up and take notice. Must be that True North Strong and Free PRIDE !!

I can't wait to see what they do next practise.

THIS GROUP IS GOING TO BE SOMETHING TO SEE !!!

Edited by Walter

• 4 weeks later...

The next rehearsal is this Saturday the 13th at the Northstar Studios on 207 Madison Ave. Kitchener, from 11:00am to 4pm. We now have over 85 horns so if you have an extra one you can bring with you that would be appreciated.

The drum line is filling up and the colour guard is starting this weekend.

Don't miss out on this opportunity.

If you need directions go to www.ONcorps.ca