As a fan, What do you want to see?

Musical_Spinner

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see creativity in costuming, and costuming that will look good on all the members - not just on the "perfect" body types!

I'd also love to see a funny show again - haven't seen those in ages - remember City Slickers? Or that guard that did a show about shopping? Or Field of View's Barber of Seville or even Blessed Sac's "Cause I'm A Blonde" show - those were just soo much fun to watch!

Later,

Mike

as a fan, i'd like to see actual colorguard shows, not dance shows with some equipment work thrown in. i know that dance has become an important part of colorguard, but i think some groups take it too far.

i also want to see the performers enjoying themselves and really connecting with the crowd, not just the judges.

and i don't care if the show is fast or slow, but as long as it's clean and intriguing, i'm happy. slower shows tend to be on the boring side, but when done well, they are just beautiful. faster shows are definitely crowd pleasers, but they aren't always done well because sometimes it is really difficult to clean fast work.

a good weapon trick or two is also a pretty easy way to draw me in :rolleyes:

on a slightly different note, i'm starting to hate props that are basically intended to hide people and maybe add a little character to the show. huge backdrops may look nice, but i think we all know the reason they're there. i am also getting tired of extremely intricate and busy floors. they do look great, but only if you see them from a distance, which is something most people won't experience until dayton. while they can sometimes hide some errors in the show, they take away from the performers because some spectators spend half the show trying to decipher the floor.