Drum Corps in Plymouth

Happy New Year everyone!

The Standish Guards of Plymouth, MA is having an open house/meeting of interest for those interested in joining an all-age corps. We have a board of directors in place, instructors lined up or in the process of aquiring, and actively pursuing equipment and funding. We would love to have enough members for a DCA, class A corps in 2010, or at the very least a mini-corps. Some of us will be attending the Bugler's Hall of Fame shows in the I&E competitions and we welcome anyone who would like to join us for those shows.

Starting from scratch is no easy feat, but we have generated alot of positive feedback from the community, and I feel that there is enough talent and interest here on the South Shore to have a viable program. No matter how many members we have, I can assure you that our goal is to compete and perform, and to pursue musical and visual excellence. Watch for our website coming soon or send me a pm for more information.

Sunday, January 31st, 1:30-3pm at the VFW, Post 1822, 22 Seven Hills Road, Plymouth, MA 02360

I'm looking forward to a great year of Drum and Bugle Corps!

Dennis O'Neill

Corps Director

Standish Guards, Inc.

Happy New Year everyone!

The Standish Guards of Plymouth, MA is having an open house/meeting of interest for those interested in joining an all-age corps. We have a board of directors in place, instructors lined up or in the process of aquiring, and actively pursuing equipment and funding. We would love to have enough members for a DCA, class A corps in 2010, or at the very least a mini-corps. Some of us will be attending the Bugler's Hall of Fame shows in the I&E competitions and we welcome anyone who would like to join us for those shows.

Starting from scratch is no easy feat, but we have generated alot of positive feedback from the community, and I feel that there is enough talent and interest here on the South Shore to have a viable program. No matter how many members we have, I can assure you that our goal is to compete and perform, and to pursue musical and visual excellence. Watch for our website coming soon or send me a pm for more information.

Sunday, January 31st, 1:30-3pm at the VFW, Post 1822, 22 Seven Hills Road, Plymouth, MA 02360

Dennis O'Neill

Corps Director

Standish Guards, Inc.

Wow Dennis,

It's starting to get a little crowded in the greater Boston area as you folks are joining the Crusader Seniors, St. Kevin's, Rockland Defenders, and Legends. :cry:

I wish you and your new Corps the very best of luck, but with all due respect, why start a new Corps when there are so many fine alternatives already in operation? I mean no slight by the question, I'm just curious.

Paul

P.S. Be sure to say hello at St. Kevin's BHOF show in March.

Edited by pmaustin

Wow Dennis,

It's starting to get a little crowded in the greater Boston area as you folks are joining the Crusader Seniors, St. Kevin's, Rockland Defenders, and Legends. :cry:

I wish you and your new Corps the very best of luck, but with all due respect, why start a new Corps when there are so many fine alternatives already in operation? I mean no slight by the question, I'm just curious.

Paul

sounds like they want to compete..............

Wow Dennis,

It's starting to get a little crowded in the greater Boston area as you folks are joining the Crusader Seniors, St. Kevin's, Rockland Defenders, and Legends. :rolleyes:

Paul

True, there are fine units this area, but we thought about it carefully and we decided for a number of reasons to start our own. Plymouth County has a large enough population base with lots of talent to support multiple corps, many potential members can't or won't travel 50+ miles in a blizzard no matter how dedicated, more corps brings greater awareness and opportunity for our activity, we are going to try some new and unique ideas to help make our mark, we are also going to emphasize being a competitive corps. Many new corps are starting as parade and exhibition corps, which is fine, but we are going directly into competition. Lastly, why start a new corps? Why not?

I support all drum corps activity and I think if we can continue fostering growth we can see increasing opportunity for everyone.

Dennis

Director

SG, Inc

True, there are fine units this area, but we thought about it carefully and we decided for a number of reasons to start our own. Plymouth County has a large enough population base with lots of talent to support multiple corps, many potential members can't or won't travel 50+ miles in a blizzard no matter how dedicated, more corps brings greater awareness and opportunity for our activity, we are going to try some new and unique ideas to help make our mark, we are also going to emphasize being a competitive corps. Many new corps are starting as parade and exhibition corps, which is fine, but we are going directly into competition. Lastly, why start a new corps? Why not?

I support all drum corps activity and I think if we can continue fostering growth we can see increasing opportunity for everyone.

Dennis

Director

SG, Inc

Dennis,

Thanks for the response, I wish you well with your new corps! :rolleyes:

P.S. I thought of this after the fact as I had named several local Alumni Corps, but are the Imperials still open for business? I know that they participated in the DCA Mini-Corps competition a few times.

Paul

Happy New Year everyone!

Dennis O'Neill

Corps Director

Standish Guards, Inc.

Sure hope all is going well and that VFW Post 1899 is full of people at 1:30 pm , Jan. 31st

Sure hope all is going well and that VFW Post 1899 is full of people at 1:30 pm , Jan. 31st

It's great to see the drum corps activity grow here in the Boston. We have some of the best Alumni corps, it would be great to see a completing DCA corps here too. Good luck.

Dennis, please shoot be an email about our Boston Bugler Hall of Fame show, you love to see you there.