Atlanta CorpsVets Announce 2010 Program

Atlanta CorpsVets Drum and Bugle Corps is excited to announce their program for the 2010 season:360°Featuring music from Disney's Millennium Celebration. To learn more, join us at camp this weekend.Read the rest of the article here (http://www.corpsvets.org/index.php?option=com_content view=article id=246:2010-show-announcement catid=263:current-news-and-events Itemid=504).

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...7&Itemid=39

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To save the pain of the computer font issues, I call the show 360. Or three sixty.

Easier that way. No ampersands and/or extraneous characters. :biggrin:

The Atlanta CorpsVets staff is extremely excited about this show. We hope all the fans out there will be as well when we perform the show this summer! There's a lot of great things going on with the corps this season, stop by rehearsal this weekend and check it out!

Thanks!!

Dave

Fantastic show concept.

So, is the show about circles?"

Well I hate to leak info about other corps' shows, but I have it from a reliable source that CV is going to take advantage of a little known DCA rule which allows motor vehicles on the field during the performance. They will have a Corvette (not Corps Vet) doing donuts inside the center field circle during the drum solo to generate smoke and thus leaving "circles" on the astroturf as well. I think it's a stroke of genius because it ties the corps name and show name together.

CorvetteZ06_Donut.jpg

I can't wait to see it in person!

:laughing:

Ryan J

Well I hate to leak info about other corps' shows, but I have it from a reliable source that CV is going to take advantage of a little known DCA rule which allows motor vehicles on the field during the performance. They will have a Corvette (not Corps Vet) doing donuts inside the center field circle during the drum solo to generate smoke and thus leaving "circles" on the astroturf as well. I think it's a stroke of genius because it ties the corps name and show name together.

CorvetteZ06_Donut.jpg

I can't wait to see it in person!

:rock:

Ryan J

:laughing::tongue::worthy: :worthy:

Oh no! The cat's out of the bag.

Our DM's are required to own Corvettes as you know.

Btw we also thought about calling the show "crop circles" but thought we'd leave that show to our Midwest brothers. :laughing:

Being an engineer I wanted to call it 2Pi.jpg (2Pi), but I got glared at, things thrown at me, then hit in the arm very hard. :tongue:

The CV booth will also sell doughnuts during finals...

just kidding...

• 2 weeks later...
The CV booth will also sell doughnuts during finals...

just kidding...

Krispy Kreme's