Instrument Score to 1989 Phantom Show

Yeah most of the charts I looked as a youngster were written in C no matter what key they were in LOL...Corky was the first guy that put them in the right key in my world. Kenny I will be in Milwaukee Friday and Saturday FYI.

DA

All are great ideas, except my skills with music theory and aural skills are non-existant. I should know, I'm a former music education major. I dropped the major because I kept failing theory and aural. Both of those things, which are key to writing scores by ear, are things I just can't do. I can pick out melodies and sometimes write it correctly, but anything below that, including basslines, which is what I usually only play, are things I just can't pick out by listening to a song. The inner harmonies and counter-melodies are the worst for me. I should know, I've been trying to play along with/arrange parts of the 89 Phantom Show since the early 00s when I was in high school.

Any arranging I do is based off of music scores I have or MIDI files that I import and then re-voice and clean up.

Guess I need to find a way to contact Jim Wren and shell out my life savings for a copy of something from 20 years ago...

Then this will be a great leaning experience for you. Come on cowboy, I got faith in ya! :laughing:

That is what I say as well...go for it!