The New York Skyliners January 23rd Rehearsal

=============================================================================

The next New York Skyliners rehearsal of the 2010 season will be held:

Saturday, January 23 ~ 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 P.M. .....Fishkill Recreation Center 793 Route 52. Fishkill, NY 12524.

Note:

I am hoping we have a large crowd on the 23rd.

The facilities we are providing have been unbelievably nice (camp Mariah was gorgeous, although I didn't get to hug Mariah Carey :blink: !!!!), and fairly convenient to get to. The book is in the more than capable hands of John Arietano and Dion Placencia. Equipment wise we are fine. We got some "do re me" in the bank and are trying to raise even more for nice new things for YOU.................FOR YOU......FOR YOU....(love that :tongue: )

Let's go all out for the Jan 23rd rehearsal --- bring a friend or three! I will guarantee they and you will have a great experience.

The one thing that is missing from our Dr m Corps is YOU!!!!!

See you there!

Dan :hmmm:

I feel like singing :hmmm: :

Oh here comes Garbarina, with our flags unfurled and flying high. Garbarina, we are drum corps men, who don't know when we are licked,and never will say die.//We're from New York, and we will always sing her praises loud and clear. Garbarina, we will bring no shame to our fair name and no drum corps contest will we fear.//Our drum line's the best in the land and our horn line, it plays Just as grand.And when we go,you'll see the greatest show.We're always out to win - sock it in Garbarina, Garbarina, Let's go!!!

Edited by skybusmgr

bump

The next New York Skyliners rehearsal of the 2010 season will be held:

Saturday, January 23 ~ 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 P.M. .....Fishkill Recreation Center 793 Route 52. Fishkill, NY 12524.

Note:

I am hoping we have a large crowd on the 23rd.

The facilities we are providing have been unbelievably nice (camp Mariah was gorgeous, although I didn't get to hug Mariah Carey :doh: !!!!), and fairly convenient to get to. The book is in the more than capable hands of John Arietano and Dion Placencia. Equipment wise we are fine. We got some "do re me" in the bank and are trying to raise even more for nice new things for YOU.................FOR YOU......FOR YOU....(love that :tongue: )

Let's go all out for the Jan 23rd rehearsal --- bring a friend or three! I will guarantee they and you will have a great experience.

The one thing that is missing from our Dr m Corps is YOU!!!!!

See you there!

Dan :doh:

I feel like singing :hmmm: :

Oh here comes Garbarina, with our flags unfurled and flying high. Garbarina, we are drum corps men, who don't know when we are licked,and never will say die.//We're from New York, and we will always sing her praises loud and clear. Garbarina, we will bring no shame to our fair name and no drum corps contest will we fear.//Our drum line's the best in the land and our horn line, it plays Just as grand.And when we go,you'll see the greatest show.We're always out to win - sock it in Garbarina, Garbarina, Let's go!!!

Love your excitement, and enthusiasm, Dan!!! :blink:

Best of luck this year!!!

I hope that you have a GREAT turnout, and an AMAZING rehearsal on the 23rd!!!!!!

GO SKY!!!!!!!!!!!! :hmmm:

Edited by overthehillDM

:tongue: Well thank you Jim! Best to you too!

Light a few candles for us over @ St. Andrews! Thanks

Edited by skybusmgr

I won't go through my normal "DCA needs Sky (and Sun) to serve fans in the East" rant today, so suffice it to say "Go Sky" my favorite corps to compete against (and often to watch and listen to.)

Bring it back.

Thank you Ray. One thing you can be certain of, when we come back we'll be bringing a corps all can be proud of.

Bring it back.

What Ray said!

Drum corps has not quite been the same without the Skyliners on the competition field.

Fran

Drum corps has not quite been the same without the Skyliners on the competition field.

I couldn't agree with you more Fran. It's like a huge hole is missing from DCA, especially considering the Skyliners were one of key member corps that helped create the DCA circuit over forty-four years ago at the request of Doc Sebastianelli. Henry "Lefty" Mayer, Sky's Director, was elected the first president of DCA. To this day, the championship trophy is handed out in Lefty's honor.

I'm very proud of the Skyliner's history and the corps' impact on drum corps in general, and look forward to the day when we entertain and capture the crowd again in that unique way that only the Skyliners could do.

I have lots of love for all the corps that took the huge gamble on the DCA circuit that first year:

Reading Buccaneers of Reading, PA

Connecticut Hurricanes of Shelton, CT

New York Skyliners of New York, NY

Yankee Rebels of Baltimore, MD

Interstatesmen of Albany, NY

Pittsburgh Rockets of Pittsburgh, PA

I have lots of love for all the corps that took the huge gamble on the DCA circuit that first year:

Reading Buccaneers of Reading, PA

Connecticut Hurricanes of Shelton, CT

New York Skyliners of New York, NY

Yankee Rebels of Baltimore, MD

Interstatesmen of Albany, NY

Pittsburgh Rockets of Pittsburgh, PA

One more, the Archer-Epler Musketeers of Upper Darby, PA!

Ray

One more, the Archer-Epler Musketeers of Upper Darby, PA!

Thanks Ray! I didn't mean to leave them out. I just posted the corps that competed in the first DCA Championship.

Much love for Archie too!!!

Edited by skydrumrangel