granted access to the World Class schedule

Teal Sound is where Jersey Surf was one year ago. The new World Class evaluation and approval process is a very good one, thorough and complete. You can try and read something into the press release that isn't there if you want to, but it doesn't change simple facts. Historically, World Class corps cannot vote until they have competed in World Class for at least one full season. It used to be you had to place in the Top 25, which meant you could be World Class (nee Open Class, nee Division 1) for years on end with no vote.

Gee, I'm not as look as I stupid.... or something like that.

It sure is nice to see another Corps join the World Class ranks. Especially one that really has grown in a good and healthy way with strong priorities to make this a long term commitment. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surf is a full fledged voting member of the World Class and has been since the Fall of 2008.

Teal Sound is not.

What leads you to this conclusion? The press release you link to regarding Jersey Surf never mentions voting rights, so I wouldn't assume they were granted immediately back in September 2008.

Perhaps it is time someone clarified current DCI policy on when full voting status is granted to a new world-class corps.