Wanted: Full brass score for Ode to Joy

will92

Hi there,

I wondered if anybody out there had a full brass score for Ode to joy that they would be willing to donate.

Oh also, the hornline is in G.

We have our first ever gig that the band has ever played in march, and they have asked us to play Ode to Joy.

Thanks,

Will.

Edited by will92

Hi there,

I wondered if anybody out there had a full brass score for Ode to joy that they would be willing to donate.

Oh also, the hornline is in G.

We have our first ever gig that the band has ever played in march, and they have asked us to play Ode to Joy.

Thanks,

Will.

What's your deadline, and 2 or 3 valve Gs? I'll see what I can do.

Also...what's the skill level and range if your players, and how long do you want the piece?

Edited by 84BDsop

Well, we have 3 valve Soprano's and Flugels, but 2 valve baritones and contra.

Because its a new corps, we have set up, its not the highest level. I'd say novice.

Thanks for your help it's much appreciated.

Thanks for helping these guys out, Sam.

Write it in 5-6 parts, and keep everything in the staff. Bb might be a good key.

Edited by HornsUp

Thanks for helping these guys out, Sam.

Write it in 5-6 parts, and keep everything in the staff. Bb might be a good key.

Unfortunately, since the baris and contras are 2 valve, that's going to necessitate picking a key that minimizes 3rd valve notes....depending on what sections I want to pull from, there're some bottom brass notes I don't want to leave out....it'll be fun, tho!

Unfortunately, since the baris and contras are 2 valve, that's going to necessitate picking a key that minimizes 3rd valve notes....depending on what sections I want to pull from, there're some bottom brass notes I don't want to leave out....it'll be fun, tho!

Uh.... Why not use an SATB chart and just transpose as necessary to minimize "missing notes" ??

Uh.... Why not use an SATB chart and just transpose as necessary to minimize "missing notes" ??

I just got up....SATB??

Edit: Will just pm'ed me...his line is 2 Sop, 2 Flugels, 2 Baritone and 1 Contra...so NOT I know what I have to work with.

Edited by 84BDsop

That's perfect for an SATB score.

SATB = Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass choir sheet music.

That's perfect for an SATB score.

SATB = Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass choir sheet music.

Ah....thanks....I'm not a choir guy, so I didn't recognize the abbreviation.

Anyway...it's done and sent...fortunately I didn't have to change the key after putting the parts into G....only 1 flat (Bb) and there are no 3rd valve notes at all...kinda skinny on parts, but it's there.

Edited by 84BDsop