Do You "Spin" or "Twirl"

jojo

:luke:

As I was always told.

Spin uses the HANDS,

twirl uses fingers

On another follow up - I'm condemned as a director to have a feature twirler. However, she's good AND loves guard too. She is actually my best weapons person....and she's a blonde!!!!! Scary, ain't it?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm definately a no glove kind of gal.. i used to swear by them, never wanting to rehearse without them. but then i switched to king sabres and haven't worn a glove since. going without may hurt a little more when you are repping tosses, but i think the mobility of your hand and fingers without is surely worth the pain!

• 1 month later...

My drumcorps experience was early 80s, and I remember people using the word "silks" for flags. Noone says that?

Also, this thread reminded me not to get on the guard's bad side - the gals in 27th's guard had some serious biceps by the end of the summer, and they were well armed (no pun intended).

^_^

Rick:

I can only IMAGINE what Lancers' guard's biceps looked like...probably pretty BUFF. Those gals could spin a telephone pole.

I always hated the word "silks". It's a real 70s term. "Flags" still works.

Yep, buff, very buff. Some of them marched winter guard - emerald marquis, if I remember right - and so worked them all year 'round. Er, I think it might have been possible for some to actually twirl those telephone poles you mention - twirling being done with the fingers of course.

:P

LOL! b**bs

Yep, I bet they COULD twirl telephone poles!

:lee:

• 1 month later...

I used to be "hung up" on what people call the thing we do, but now I figure that as long as they are watching, I don't really care what they call it. Whatever word they relate to is fine for me.

BTW - I spin.....and I twirl! Ask any of the other Renegades.

But I leap, as in dance. I don't jump, as in Cheerleading. Oh wait, yes I do! Toe-touch on the 50!

b**bs

I used to be "hung up" on what people call the thing we do, but now I figure that as long as they are watching, I don't really care what they call it. Whatever word they relate to is fine for me.

BTW - I spin.....and I twirl! Ask any of the other Renegades.

But I leap, as in dance. I don't jump, as in Cheerleading. Oh wait, yes I do! Toe-touch on the 50!

b**bs

Good to see that you're on board DCP, Ron. :)

BTW, Ron doesn't just leap. He floats elegantly as if he has command on space and time itself. :P