• 2002 Crusaders - "Rhythmic Sculptures in the Key of S"
    • 2003 Crusaders - "Samson and Delilah"
    • 2004 Hurricanes - "The Storm"
    • 2005 Corpsvets - "The Music of Don Ellis"
    • 2006 Corpsvets - "A Trip to Vegas"
    • 2007 Corpsvets - "A Celebration from Us to You"
    • 2008 Corpsvets - "Simple Gifts"
    • 2009 Bushwackers - "Scenes from a Phsychotic Circus"

That's the main reason why I voted for their 2004 show in this poll... that prelims performance. One for the ages.

Fran

Indeed! That season could have broken the back of the corps if they didnt make finals. Those guys listened and did whatever was asked of them to get to 9th place. I remember when my friend Eddie Griffin called me to help out as Cru went inactive. The first time I saw them was in Reading, and I asked Eddie what he got me into LOL. They got beat that night by Sky and Bush, and were not very good.

But week after week they practiced on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and just got better and better. We fixed alot of the loose ends of the show, and when the elder statesmen came out for behind the props with the old uniforms on in prelims, the crowd went berserk! They corps was floating during that show.

But those Cru corps were both very good and just kind of blew up in August as corps like Bush and the Cabs got better.

DA

But those Cru corps were both very good and just kind of blew up in August as corps like Bush and the Cabs got better.

Yes, two very solid Crusaders corps those years. I especially enjoyed the classical show in '03.

Fran

Indeed! That season could have broken the back of the corps if they didnt make finals. Those guys listened and did whatever was asked of them to get to 9th place. I remember when my friend Eddie Griffin called me to help out as Cru went inactive. The first time I saw them was in Reading, and I asked Eddie what he got me into LOL. They got beat that night by Sky and Bush, and were not very good.

But week after week they practiced on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and just got better and better. We fixed alot of the loose ends of the show, and when the elder statesmen came out for behind the props with the old uniforms on in prelims, the crowd went berserk! They corps was floating during that show.

DA

Donny,

Thanks for catching that. '04 was my first year with the Hurcs, after 40 years of not marching. You can probably understand my distress, on that Sunday morning in the middle of March at "The Bop", when they announced we were scraping "The Storm" and going to do a 50th Anniversary show. I remember well that Saturday in Reading when you appeared. It was like oxygen to a dying 55 year old. Once rescuscitated, we never looked back. Obviously, Scranton was my first WC, so my emotions were understandable. When we hit the wedge the entire stadium was on it's feet and the tears started flowing. I'd never experienced anything like that, other than the birth of my children Mackenzie and Christopher, who you know better as Scudder, who marched Contra and was the reason I was marching. DCI's in Madison '06 came close as I watched him perform with Phantom. You've had a great impact on my musical life and his and I'd like to thank you for being Donnymusic.

Buddy Scudder Hurcs '04 - '07.

Buddy...that means an awful lot to me, the things you just said. It is also the reason I still do this the way I do.

If you remember the amount of times I stopped the horn line after one note, and wouldn't let them continue until there was NO VIBRATO...and the fun we had with that as the corps just got better and better.

Thanks Eddie san for getting me there, that prelim show I will never forget.

Donnymusic