Best Champion Corps of the Decade!

Best Champion Corps/Show from 2000-2009  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What Championship corps do you think was the best this decade?

• 2000 The Brigadiers - "City Rhythms"
    • 2001 The Brigadiers - "Jazz Street, After Hours"
    • 2002 The Brigadiers - "Picasso Sketchbook"
    • 2003 Caballeros - "El Toro Nuevo"
    • 2004 Empire Statesmen - "Go Hollywood!"
    • 2005 Buccaneers - "Variations in B"
    • 2006 Buccaneers - "Exotic Impressions"
    • 2007 Buccaneers - "Blue Era"
    • 2008 Buccaneers - "The Pursuit of Joy"
    • 2009 Buccaneers - "Demons and Angels"

2002 Brigadiers. Common now, that show was........DCI capable.

I also voted for Brigs 2002, but I don't see how shows like it are common now... :lookaround:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2009 Bucs, followed closely by 2005 Bucs.

Jeff,

I couldn't agree more. I thought both of these shows were the best the Bucs have done.

The ride in 05 after 25 years was amazing. The emotion of 2009 was heart wrenching but the members really stuck together for a fabulous performance.

However, I do like 07 and 08 as well. 2006 was good but not one of my favorites.

Just so everyone is clear, these are my opinions and do not represent the official opinion of Reading Buccaneers.

I also voted for Brigs 2002, but I don't see how shows like it are common now... :lookaround:

I think he meant 'come on now'

I know it's not a favorite of many, but I really loved competiting against 2006, because I always got to hear Scherherazade and that's one of my favorite orchestral pieces.

I know it's not a favorite of many, but I really loved competiting against 2006, because I always got to hear Scherherazade and that's one of my favorite orchestral pieces.

It's one of my favorites as well, the selections that we played were not my favorite movements. I like the softer parts more. The bucs used more of the aggressive parts.

Toss up between Cabs and Bucs09..........

The Buccaneers in 09 was some of the best coordination that has come across DCA in a long time. You know why they are so successful.

And a credit to the entire drumcorps for dealing with such an incredible loss that weekend.

The 2009 Reading Buccaneers, a class act.

Can't wait to see what 2010 brings.

2009 Bucs, followed closely by 2005 Bucs.

:blink:

:lookaround: (just kidding) Can't haggle either one..Only saw '05 from the back gate getting ready to go in for Finale..What I heard was enough..!!

I knew everyone was going to be scrambling for 2nd after seeing the Bucs last year in Scranton..So smooth, so clean..almost as "robotic" as other have claimed..a virtually totally balanced show.. :blink:

I'm even more proud that my MBI family was able to "close the gap" at season's end..barely!

I wanted to vote '03 Cabs, which was a phenomenal show, but the last 2 Bucs shows have just been too much..

Pat