Sun Devils February Camp Report

We are very excited to, once again, represent the State of Florida at DCA Finals.

The question remains; will you be there too? Stop by and say hi!

So! JJ the rumors about you retiring as Sun Devils Drum Major are exagerated?

What, he's OLD! LOL

Love you JJ! Will be in Disney tomorrow with step daughter who returned from Afghanistan after serving 9 months and 4 months in Iraq.

JJ is our version of Brett Favre :worthy::ph34r::tongue: :tongue:

So! JJ the rumors about you retiring as Sun Devils Drum Major are exagerated?

They were not exaggerated. I did step down off the podium last year. Then something happened...My high school best friend, Derek Torres, passed away from H1N1 back in October. Derek and I marched together at Marian Catholic. I was very torn up over the whole thing. Actually, I am still coping. I got to see him last May and he was genuinely interested in what the Sun Devils were doing, even though he and his family lived in Paris, France. I thought it would be best to honor his memory by performing one more year. That's why I am back on the podium. Prelims was very emotional for me last year. I have no idea how I am going to be this year since Derek will be on my mind 100% of the time.

I'm stepping back down next season. My role with The Sun Devils will transition to administration at the conclusion of the 2010 season.

Thanks for checking up. I guess I WILL see you on the 50 again! And per usual, SS is invited to join SD in our morning run block. We're doing about half a mile right now. I know, we're slackin. Should be upwards of a mile+ by prelims.

Edited by John M. Johnson

They were not exaggerated. I did step down off the podium last year. Then something happened...My high school best friend, Derek Torres, passed away from H1N1 back in October. Derek and I marched together at Marian Catholic. I was very torn up over the whole thing. Actually, I am still coping. I got to see him last May and he was genuinely interested in what the Sun Devils were doing, even though he and his family lived in Paris, France. I thought it would be best to honor his memory by performing one more year. That's why I am back on the podium. Prelims was very emotional for me last year. I have no idea how I am going to be this year since Derek will be on my mind 100% of the time.

I'm stepping back down next season. My role with The Sun Devils will transition to administration at the conclusion of the 2010 season.

Thanks for checking up. I guess I WILL see you on the 50 again! And per usual, SS is invited to join SD in our morning run block. We're doing about half a mile right now. I know, we're slackin. Should be upwards of a mile+ by prelims.

JJ you honor us all with your performance in 2010. Vanity tells me that I will join you for the morning run block, but I am affraid these old bones of mine may have other ideas! Sorry for your loss! See you on the 50!

Sounds like things are going great, Sun Devils! Keep it up, hopefully we can help you celebrate in Rochester!

-Your Friends at ALLIANCE

Sounds like things are going great, Sun Devils! Keep it up, hopefully we can help you celebrate in Rochester!

-Your Friends at ALLIANCE

Thanks Josh.

Just trying to keep pace with you guys!

Looking forward to seeing all our friends this summer.

LEAVE NO DOUBT!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

John Hoekstra

Executive Director

Sun Devils