Brigadiers 2010 Announcement

I don't have any inside information to share but like a lot of folks I wonder what the answer is to this question.

It makes perfect sense for the strength of the organization. They stand a very good chance of being CLASS A Champion. Class A champion has a nice ring to it while 6th,7th or 8th place smacks as not being good enough to roll with the big boys.

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forwards. Seems like moving all the way down to mini corps seems a bit over kill when there is the potential to win a CHAMPIONSHIP

All the best to them regardless of where they land.

We have decided that Class A was not in our best interests, which is why we chose not to do Class A. Dropping out of competition entirely lets us focus our entire energy to rebuilding a membership, performance, educational, and financial base for the corps to support itself with in the future. This is why we are still doing parades, supporting the OCC winter drumline in more ways, and keeping our brass players playing together by doing a mini-corps.

Edited by cone256

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why we are still doing parades, supporting the OCC winter drumline in more ways, and keeping our brass players playing together by doing a mini-corps.

:tongue: :tongue: :smile: I don't and can't officially speak on the behalf of the OCC drum line but I must say Brigs have really helped us out a lot! It is a great relationship that we certainly cherish!

Very sad news. Seeing one corps leave the scene is bad, but when two leave! Wow, it leaves me speechless. I wish the Brigs organization the best and hope that they get back on the field in 2011. Seeing the Brigs when I was 7 years old(I'm 60 now) made such a positive impact on me. I knew at that moment I was going to be in Drum Corps for the rest of my life. So hang in there and we'll see you on the 50!

Mark Gerber

Retired Director-White Sabers