Color Guard Term/Phrase Question

BeachDrums

Greetings, I'm not a guard member, but I have a question. I've noticed some guards do much more spinning and generally do more movements than other guards. Is there a term or phrase to express a guard that is really doing a lot on the field as opposed to a guard that is just doing a lot of walking around with a weapon or flag? I noticed Crown Guard seems to put on a good show with lots of spinning and movement. Thanks.

At this writing there have been 57 views and no response. I will assume there is no term or phrase for a guard that performs a lot of spins and movements. I'm sure you've all heard of the phrase "park and blow" describing a brass section that doesn't march very much while performing. I thought the "guard world" might have a phrase for a really entertaining and full-of-action guard. Thanks anyway.

welcome to our forums,sorry for the delay,i have a few theories why....

a.we of the "guard world" are a shy and demure group :worthy:

b.we were all out drumming on the beach :doh:

c.nobody here knows :tongue:

i kid.....perhaps the term you are looking for would be "triad aware".crown guard is an excellent example of a guard who uses a wide range of skills,artistry and movement to create an overall effect! :worthy:

try this site for a glossary of terms that may prove helpful.

http://www.colorguardeducator.com/index.ph...1&Itemid=42

thank you...come again! :worthy:

Edited by dugg