Atlanta CorpsVets - Tanning Weather

Quick update on the Atlanta CorpsVets....

The weather this past weekend in Georgia was just beautiful! Not too hot and mostly clear skies. Awesome rehearsal weather! Will get some pics up soon.

We put about another 20 pages of drill on the field; marching and playing. Sounds very good if I do say so myself. :thumbup:

BRASS: There are a few open spots in the hornline so contact us as soon as possible. PM me or e-mail info@corpsvets.org. Check our website for rehearsal details and directions. www.corpsvets.org.

GUARD: audition dates are Saturday April 17th and Sunday April 18th (starting at 9am on Saturday).

PERCUSSION: auditions will be at the first FULL-CORPS camp weekend, starting Friday April 23rd at 9pm through Sunday April 25th at 5pm.

We will work with you as much as possible with tuition. Overnight housing for members is available at the school – our rehearsal location is East Coweta Middle School, 6291 Highway 16, Senoia, GA. We welcome you to come on out and be a part of our amazing 2010 show – look forward to seeing you all there!

* Our website is http://www.corpsvets.org/- please visit the site and register so you have access to audition packets and other information. Also be sure to join our fan page at http://www.facebook.com/AtlantaCorpsVets.

Let us know if you have any questions - thanks!

Dave

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that was some BEAUTIFUL WEATHER! :thumbup:

Only 2,000 Pollen Count (which is half of what it was before that rain storm!)

Okay wait, you said "another 20 pages of drill on the field marching and playing".... How many TOTAL do you have on the field?

41 pages through movement 2 of our show, 360.

It's some very fast stuff too. And the music is not just variations on hot crossed buns; it's a very demanding book that is very fresh, lively and entertaining. I think everyone is going to really enjoy it.

Remember, guard auditions this weekend! Full corps the following weekend! Hope to see you all there.

Yeah, but the poster sounded like he was suprised that they even had 40 pages of drill... at least that is how I read it. I assume that most corps have more than 40 pages (especially Open Class) in their shows. Like I said, though, 40 pages is a lot at this point in the season.

Yeah, but the poster sounded like he was suprised that they even had 40 pages of drill... at least that is how I read it. I assume that most corps have more than 40 pages (especially Open Class) in their shows. Like I said, though, 40 pages is a lot at this point in the season.

It's probably good to factor in how much of a show is included in x number of pages. So for us, 41 pages represents the first two movements which is more than 3 minutes of our show ranging around 168-180bpm.

It's probably good to factor in how much of a show is included in x number of pages. So for us, 41 pages represents the first two movements which is more than 3 minutes of our show ranging around 168-180bpm.

Wow that's impressive. Go CV.