In case you couldn't get to Bridgeport

Ray is (as usual) witty and articulate, and that's how he's always approached his horn playing.

It was a joy to perform with him and to experience an entire day like this one. I won't elaborate. It was indescribable.

I think what Frank is saying in his ever-polite way, is that when one plays as I do, it's good to keep a sense of humor!

Bridgeport yesterday was to soprano/trumpet players what the middle east is to crude oil. Everywhere you looked - there was another all-time great.

Make your minds up now - next February, next March, Next April - three shows - start practicing now - break out Joe Arbans or one of those guys and start cranking. If you're shy, find a friend and do a duet - The mello quartet from the CT Alumni were great! Almost everyone has 3 friends, right?

Edited by rayfallon

Ooh, ooh - one quick thing - a friend who read my post cautioned me that referring to the PCP cymbals as "The Sex Cymbals" was not a good idea - I had intended to pay them a compliment by making the cross-reference to the incredible VK cymbal line of that name. (He also pointed out that due to my aging eyes I even misspelled cymbals - arrrrggghhhhh).

One thing I learned teaching the Hurricanes for all those years - you never, never, ever, want to get Connecticut chicks (especially a group of them that carry heavy, sharp, metal objects and hang around in Bridgeport) ###### off at you. It's just not smart.

Wilcox - explain that I was kidding - and let me know when it's safe to come back into the Bridgeport area.

Sheesh.

On behalf of the Park City Pride rifle/cymbal line:

Sheesh is right!!! First, Ray, thank you for your kind words and review of our drum corps. Our cymbal line works very hard at what we do as does the rest of the corps. We, collectively as a line, are not in any way insulted by your comments. Rest assured you have a free pass to enter Bridgeport at any time. We look forward to meeting you at a future show and maybe even show you some of our new moves

Hope to see ya soon!

aclayburn0510@yahoo.com