Hello From West Virginia

Hey, I'm Eric. A the topic title says, I'm from West Virginia. I've been playing trumpet for about 6 years, but only recently have I gotten to a point where I'd consider myself pretty good. I love watching drum corps, especially Santa Clara and Phantom Regiment. I get the pleasure to go down to Charleston, WV every year to watch the Drums Across the Tri-State competition. This year I am really excited for the Bluecoat's show (I love Asphalt Cocktail so much). I've got two more years in high school and then I'm planning on trying out for a corp. Until then I'll just keep watching like crazy. What else can I say? My favorite show is probably Phantom Regiment's Harmonic Journey.

Wow... they have internet access in W Va now? j/k :laughing:

We're not all crazy hillbillys, they're all in the eastern part of the state :laughing:

We're not all crazy hillbillys, they're all in the eastern part of the state :laughing:

So what do y'all call the folks in the SW corner? :laughing: Have folks in Huntington/Barboursville area. AKA - that bridge goes to KY and that bridge goes to OH. :tongue:

Funny thing is we went to a wedding there few years back and bought our first cell phone at the same time. Ended up picking the only company that had service along the entire I-79/I-64 route. :wub:

I just try to forget about Huntington being part of the state. Stupid Marshall University :laughing:

I just try to forget about Huntington being part of the state. Stupid Marshall University :ph34r:

Cousin went there but her brother drives semi to even things out. :ph34r:

Biggest thing I remember about Marshall is it being in the middle of town. Was following directions to get somewhere and the road dead ended because the flippin' college was in the way. Other college towns have the colleges on the edge of town or have ways to get thru. Nope, Huntington just has a big area in the middle of town where you can't drive.

Cousin went there but her brother drives semi to even things out. :ph34r:

Biggest thing I remember about Marshall is it being in the middle of town. Was following directions to get somewhere and the road dead ended because the flippin' college was in the way. Other college towns have the colleges on the edge of town or have ways to get thru. Nope, Huntington just has a big area in the middle of town where you can't drive.

The people in Huntington drive crazy also. I almost got hit walking across the street from a parking lot to the College of Fine Arts for a jazz competition when a car came flying out of nowhere.