Because the news media is so wrapped up in everything else!

The loss of lives is the worst part of this situation, but then you add in the countless homes and businesses and it becomes overwhelming. My heart goes out to everyone affected by this flooding.

The Grand Ole Opry; Before and After:

grand-ole-opry-2.jpggrand-ole-opry-320.jpg

First the announcement of no competition and now this! Hang in there MCL!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, I thought the news coverage here was fine. We knew the severity and the complexity of the Nashville situation pretty much as it happened... We are thankful the loss of life was kept to a minimum.

As for Americans worrying about everyone else first - nothing new there - being compassionate is a part of our make up which often gets us into trouble (and shows that we also can be a bit naive). I remember my father telling me about the soldiers during WWII bringing home souvenier blankets taken from Japanese soldiers clearly marked "earthquake relief - Made in USA" - part of millions of dollars in aid sent to Japan in the 30's following a severe earthquake - all while the country planned its invasion of the USA.