1973 Kingsmen Film

Hi All,

Found this on the Anaheim Kingsmen Alumni Forum. It is of great historical value, so I hope they don't mind that I post this link:

'73 Anaheim Kingsmen

Enjoy the splendor of the 1973 Anaheim Kingsmen!

:worthy::rolleyes::thumbup::rolleyes::tongue:

Edited by scv guy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The standard. Wow. And the ending is AWESOME!

It's ALWAYS great to see footage of the Kingsmen! They were a favorite of mine. The '73 Kingsmen weren't as good as the '72 Kingsmen, and they weren't as good as the '74 Kingsmen would be, but that '73 show had its own merits. I remember sitting in the stands at 1973 US Open, sweating out whether or not the Kingsmen could overcome their 13-point penalty assessed to them for being a day late at prelims (delayed by an accident, not directly involving the Kingsmen). Luckily they were still able to make finals, and they won the title for the second year in a row.

Edited by Northern Thunder

It sure is good to see something in color from that time period. Too bad its only excerpts. I wonder if the Kingswomen were the first to do the "Rockford" (for lack of a better word) file move? They are the first ones I remember doing it. By the end of the 70's it seemed lick everyone had done a version of it at least once. I do love that show, but one thing that I never understood was that drum solo. For some reason is sounds more like it should be accompanying music, and I think at some point early in the season it did. On its own, it falls flat. One of the top 5 uniforms of all time.

Enjoy the splendor of the 1973 Anaheim Kingsmen!

:worthy::rolleyes::thumbup::rolleyes::tongue:

Sweet!

I never saw that show but I have the CDs from the Audio Collector's Series. That opening by the Guard is so cool to see. Now I know what I was hearing at the beginning of the show! :rolleyes::tongue::worthy:

one thing that I never understood was that drum solo. For some reason is sounds more like it should be accompanying music, and I think at some point early in the season it did.

The drum solo was "Blue Meanies" from the "Yellow Submarine" movie. It DID have hornline accompaniment early in the season, look around for a clip from the June DeKalb show.

"Blue Meanies" was re-done by the Kingsmen Alumni Corps for an Anaheim Halloween parade.

Edited by HornsUp

Holy Crap, that was AWESOME!