Inside the Forty 2010 Summer Schedule

INSIDETHEFORTY

Looking for Ron Gunn?

Here is my remaining schedule for the Summer!

Mail drops are listed here also.

Express Mail is fastest. Be sure to allow at least 4 days for Priority Mail delivery!

July 28.......Hattiesburg, MS

July 29.......Gadsden, AL (Finally got a ride from Gadsden to Murf)

Mail drop:

Ronald N. Gunn

c/o Red Roof Inn

2282 Armory Drive

Murfreesboro, TN 37129

July 30.......Murfreesboro, TN (Mail pick-up)

July 31.......Atlanta, GA

Aug 1........Rock Hill, SC

Aug 2........Travel day

Mail drop:

Ronald N. Gunn

P O Box 208

Syracuse, NY 13201

Aug 3........Syracuse, NY (Mail pick-up)

Aug 4........Syracuse, NY

Aug 5........West Chester, PA

Aug 6........Allentown, PA

Aug 7........Allentown, PA

Aug 8........Travel day

Aug 9........Toledo, OH

Indy mailing address:

Ronald N. Gunn

c/o Candlewood Suites

5250 W. Bradbury Ave

Indianapolis, IN 46241

Aug 10.......Indianapolis, IN (Mail pick-up)

Aug 11.......Indianapolis, IN

Aug 12.......Indianapolis, IN (World Class 1/4 Finals)

Aug 13.......Indianapolis, IN (World Class 1/2 Finals)

Aug 14.......Indianapolis, IN (World Class Finals)

Aug 15.......Day off

Aug 16.......Travel day

Aug 21.......TBA

Aug 28.......TBA

Sept 3........Rochester, NY

Sept 4........Rochester, NY

Sept 5........Rochester, NY

See you down the road!

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

• 2 weeks later...

I travel from city to city via Greyhound bus.

However, there are times when Greyhound/Trailways cannot get me from point A to point B in a timely fashion.

I will soon be starting a seperate thread for people who need a ride from Point A to Point B.

If you need a ride, please post on that thread.

If you are willing to give a ride to a drum corps fan, please send him/her a PM.

Thanks,

Ron Gunn

I left Syracuse, NY on Saturday morning, June 19th, on schedule. I slept on the Greyhound buses on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. I finally got a chance to sleep in a bed on Friday, June 25th! Heaven! Saturday night, I was back on a Greyhound bus headed for Los Angeles, CA and Las Vegas, NV. On Sunday afternoon, the air conditioning in the Las Vegas bus station did not work and the temperature inside the station was over 90 degrees F! I returned to the bus to wait for our departure. I was a bit bus sore, but I did not care. The station was hot! The bus was nice and cool!! I slept on the bus Sunday night.

When I reached Topeka, KS I wasn't feeling well, so I got a room 2 blocks from the bus station at the downtown Topeka Ramada Inn. I slept like a baby after watching 6 hours of TV and eating a deep dish pizza! I re-boarded a bus on Tuesday afternnon bound for Kansas City, where I took a cab to Gates Barbeque at the corner of Broadway and 12th. The cab ride was only $9.40 round-trip! I purchased a slab of ribs and some Chili Cheese Fries after flirting with a waitress. I had a great meal on the bus and slept well on Tuesday night.

I arrived in Indianapolis on Wednesday morning and checked out some of my Hotels. I continued my trip later that day, sleeping on the buses on Wednesday night. I finally arrived in Syracuse, NY on Thursday morning. Needless to say, I was happy to see my own bed on Thursday night!

Speaking of beds, the beds at the Sleep Inn - Indianapolis Airport are very, very comfortable! The rooms are large and the Inside the Forty group price during DCI championships week is only $70.00 per night plus tax! For more information on that location, visit the Choice Hotels website.

To take advantage of the special Inside The Forty group rate, simply click here!

See you down the road!

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

When I reached Topeka, KS I wasn't feeling well, so I got a room 2 blocks from the bus station at the downtown Topeka Ramada Inn.

You stopped in Topeka, and didn't even say HI ? Be glad you didn't venture too far east of your hotel ! Not the safest area of town.

You stopped in Topeka, and didn't even say HI ? Be glad you didn't venture too far east of your hotel ! Not the safest area of town.

I was a member of Blue Rock drum and bugle corps in the '70's! My corps had initiations and such. We made sure that wimps did not stick around long! After having walked the streets of Harlem, NY at night :smile:

and surviving a night on the town in Recife, Brazil (U S Navy drinking cruise), :worthy::tongue:

Topeka, KS is a problem? :smile:

As Mr. T used to say, "I pity the fool"!