Its all about the marketing....

It goes far beyond the directors not telling students about DCI. Most directors I know purposely keep their students away from DCI for various reasons. Either because they know it will take away students from their band camps, or because they think DCI ruins musicians' techniques for life. I know the latter is completely untrue and totally ridiculous, but I have met countless individuals who were brought up thinking this way. How do we change this?

sadly wait for them to retire, and to be honest, some of the new blodd learns this from college profs who can be, IMO quite snobbish about anything on the field.

where DCI can make some huge headway is partnering up woth some colleges.

Back in the day, People just new about drumb corps. And mostly it wasn't through BAND. My high school never talked about it. But if you made a top 12 corps you were hated or loved. Schools need to be schooled on education. They aren't worried about what happens to you. They are worried about the band. That STINKS.