Pink Plumes and Cancer Awareness

Want a pink plume worn by Carolina Crown at our FirstBEAT show last night and 50% will go towards cancer awareness?

They are $30 each + $5 to box and ship. Call 803-547-2270 x104 or x100

Please keep this topic going.... Know somebody affected by cancer?

Did they participate in drum corps?

Tell your story about them here.

Want a pink plume worn by Carolina Crown at our FirstBEAT show last night and 50% will go towards cancer awareness?

They are $30 each + $5 to box and ship. Call 803-547-2270 x104 or x100

Please keep this topic going.... Know somebody affected by cancer?

Did they participate in drum corps?

Tell your story about them here.

Here ya go. I posted something similar in the PinkOut thread:

As a reluctant new member of the pink club, I support and was touched by this gesture (Pink Out) on the part of Carolin Crown and drum corps. I just finished up chemo and radiation and am now an 8 month survivor. Imagine, the whole time that my son was marching the Cadets breast cancer show, I had it and didn’t know it. I toured with Cadets the last 2 weeks of the 2009 season as a food truck volunteer, and my cancer was found soon after returning home.

I think it is wonderful that MLB supports a pink day for breast cancer awareness on Mother’s Day and a blue day for prostate cancer awareness (which my brother has) on Father’s Day, and I am glad to see Drum Corps take up the challenge. I hope that maybe this will result in a little increase in attendance because of it, as many people know someone with cancer and like to help support the cause.

I appreciate what Crown has done and I'm sure the more that sports and activities participate to raise funds in this way, will help us to get that much closer to allowing more moms and sisters and aunts and grandmothers to spend longer and happier times with their families.

Wish I could have attended First Beat, but my son was there, and I gave him my pink Cadets cap that I wore during chemo to wear on my behalf. Thanks to Carolina Crown for sponsoring the event and to everyone who participated.

Maureen

P.S. I loved the photo of the Crown horn line pinked out for rehearsal. Thanks guys!