DCI Quality

I have read some of the threads here. A few make me bristle; others hit it spot on.

What rankled me was a poster who described this year's Boston Crusaders as "ho-hum."

On 7/5, I saw my first DCI show in four years. And was thrilled. BAC took home the gold, and I thought they were marvelous.

As were Xmen, Spirit, Surf, 7th Reg, and Spartans.

If the numbers tell me that Jersey's scores are around the 20th spot, then I think that, talent-wise, DCI is in fine fettle. I loved the Surf's take on Americana.

I have been writing about this activity for almost 20 years, and, alas, don't get to as many shows as I used to (those of you whom I've met know why). But I'll swear up and down that if BAC is scoring around 7th, that it's a whopper of a seventh-place show. I'll even kick in Holleran Hyperbole and say that's the best Hyde Pahhhk corps I have ever seen, and I am going back to Conquest, El Cap, Meat and Hava Nagilah.

Harrumph.

Since this was probably my only DCI show this year, I rarely get to post on the topic. Now I feel better.

Ace

I have read some of the threads here. A few make me bristle; others hit it spot on.

What rankled me was a poster who described this year's Boston Crusaders as "ho-hum."

On 7/5, I saw my first DCI show in four years. And was thrilled. BAC took home the gold, and I thought they were marvelous.

If the numbers tell me that Jersey's scores are around the 20th spot, then I think that, talent-wise, DCI is in fine fettle. I loved the Surf's take on Americana.

I have been writing about this activity for almost 20 years, and, alas, don't get to as many shows as I used to (those of you whom I've met know why). But I'll swear up and down that if BAC is scoring around 7th, that it's a whopper of a seventh-place show. I'll even kick in Holleran Hyperbole and say that's the best Hyde Pahhhk corps I have ever seen, and I am going back to Conquest, El Cap, Meat and Hava Nagilah.

Harrumph.

Since this was probably my only DCI show this year, I rarely get to post on the topic. Now I feel better.

Ace

:tongue: :tongue: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Harrumph.

Ace

This!

BAC is one of my favorite shows this year. Top 3 right now. BK will probably sneak up in there after Drums tomorrow night unless Vanguard's kicked it up a notch -- which I know they can! :)