PYWARE!

Figured this is the best place to ask this since there's probably a good percentage that some of you write drill.

I played with one of my friends Ipads (for the 1st time EVER!) at church today and Im just curious, is the Pyware that's compatable with Mac OSX compatable with the Ipad? Im not an apple owner so I don't know. I thought that it would be pretty boss for a World Class, or any drill writer to have. Any knowlege on this?

Figured this is the best place to ask this since there's probably a good percentage that some of you write drill.

I played with one of my friends Ipads (for the 1st time EVER!) at church today and Im just curious, is the Pyware that's compatable with Mac OSX compatable with the Ipad? Im not an apple owner so I don't know. I thought that it would be pretty boss for a World Class, or any drill writer to have. Any knowlege on this?

Looks like it according to this thread in Pyware's forums.

Looks like it according to this thread in Pyware's forums.

Never knew that Pyware had a forum, coulda had a V8 (insert forhead slap here)

I saw that one video that one guy posted and I think that that is purdy neat in general, although if they ever have the full blown software for Ipad I would buy that in a heart beat! I just thought it'd be boss to be able to touch and drag marchers to spots and make changes quicker than what you can on a computer ya know?

I think that article is talking about using the iPad as a printer for the Adobe PDF files, etc.

I highly doubt that Pyware Java 3D runs on the iPad. The iPad is not a full-scaled version of Mac OS X but a scaled-down version called iOS 4. iOS 4 was originally the iPhone OS, which is a somewhat scaled down version of Mac OS X, but it is vastly different in that it does not allow the running of Java apps or Adobe Flash. All apps for the iPhone and iPad must be developed using Objective-C and Cocoa, two very complex programming languages. Apple's rules stipulate that you can't, at least now, use Java or the JVM handler, or Adobe Flash on either the iPad or iPhone.

The current versions of Pyware 3D are Java-based programs that require JVM (Java Virtual Machine) to be installed on your laptop or desktop. Mac OS X laptops and desktops have Java support, as do Windows XP, Vista, and Win 7. Some smart phones are using Flash and Java (like Android-based phones), so if Google ultimately puts out a notepad using Android at some point, then I can see Pyware on a slate-like device, which would be amazingly cool, especially if they can design hand-gesture input and all. But until Apple allows Java and JVM on the iPad, there will be no running Pyware.

Hope that helps.